• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thompsons thumb

I hope so. I want him to do well. I’d think most do. I’m sure everyone is sick of the losing.
I'm more or less numb and/or resigned to it. Hope that start changing that this year. I love the roster makeover and coaching makeover, I wish that would have happened a year or two ago, but here we are. Hopefully things can gel reasonably well early and they can build on it late in the year and into next.

I'm more or less numb and/or resigned to it. Hope that start changing that this year. I love the roster makeover and coaching makeover, I wish that would have happened a year or two ago, but here we are. Hopefully things can gel reasonably well early and they can build on it late in the year and into next.
I’ve been numb since about 2004. Been a few nice stretches to peak your hope, your interest, but all have ended with a thud. The losses don’t faze me. Doesn’t bother me at all. Now, we all know how Minnesota fans from the 1960’s felt when their world crumbled and still hasn’t returned, almost 60 years later. Nebraska is 1/3 of the way there now.

thumb_oh-dear-here-we-go-again-14404366.png

Well yes, deservedly so. 5 consecutive losing seasons will do that, unless one is a complete idiot and living under rocks, like many are.

How many threads do we need need repeating the sane stuff over and over?

Maybe I should combined them all into one and make it easier for everyone ?

I have no problem with the discussion what so ever just the fact that five, six, seven threads etc etc are pretty much all the same

I get a lot of complaints about that

RR

Last edited:

In the spring game we saw throws with a hitch that took us back to 1997.

The backup is the less talented brother of the greatest QB in ISU history, but who is also now known as “Mr. Irrelevant”.

Our drive to get the better QB’s “enrolled” at NU locks out the in-staters. In my time machine I witnessed an older Heinrich Haarberg throwing footballs to no one in an empty field near Comstock, just like Uncle Rico.

My time machine fly-over of Stillwater in a few years featured a full stadium cheering for Zack Flores.

My younger self would choke on these words, but we have to become Iowa to start on the road back to becoming Nebraska again.

i dont want to make you upset, but just a friendly reminder that you are not obligated to click on forums that seem redundant to you. there are allot of topics that are still in red for me, for the fact that i do not click on the ones i am not interested in. again, just a friendly reminder to help you out.

have a great day!!

I'm somewhat concerned that this dude may be damaged goods. It's been 8 months and his thumb is still receiving treatment, and he is not at his normal regime in throwing either. I'm really hoping he is back at full speed for the season.
He has two months and then it’s game on!

As a Dr., it is a concern that the thumb is still an issue.

If it was going to heal, it would have by now.

I am thinking that they have taken a hopeful, conservative approach with the thumb, looking to see him in the fall. My opinion is that those throws in the spring told them what they need to know, with little chance for significant further improvement. This is based on:
1. My own broken right thumb in middle school and its healing pattern
2. Medical experience.

No body wants to have surgery and thumb surgery is "difficult" at best in terms of getting things to be better than they are with a chronic injury now, so its easy to understand the current approach.
However, this leads to him getting a lot of first team reps that someone else could have gotten, when I am concerned that we will see him have throwing problems in the fall, and quickly hear that corrective surgery will then be recommended with him being lost then for the rest of 2022.

Double whammy, sets back Purdy or Smothers development, and we lose Thompson for the whole year......

GBR

I’ve been numb since about 2004. Been a few nice stretches to peak your hope, your interest, but all have ended with a thud. The losses don’t faze me. Doesn’t bother me at all. Now, we all know how Minnesota fans from the 1960’s felt when their world crumbled and still hasn’t returned, almost 60 years later. Nebraska is 1/3 of the way there now.
Pal, look at the bright side, chances are you won’t live another 40 years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back