• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thompsons thumb

Agree. Maybe everything with the injury is on par for full recovery? Praying that is the case. But still can’t help feeling concerns over his progress.

None of that could have been a mystery when they recruited him, and this is June. So I suspect we will be all right.

But, let's hope that if he is not 100%, we don't play him when someone else close to his talents is 100%.

71iMGPSLWtL._SL1500_.jpg

Wonder if that's the reason his passes had an odd trajectory during the spring game (kind of like a knuckleball)? Regardless, absolutely no reason to play him if he's not 100 %. He can always work his way onto the field later in the season if need be. I absolutely hate it when players have sub-par performances and the excuse is "well, they were playing hurt". That's why we should be coaching up 2nd/3d string players. If your 2nd string player at 100% isn't as good as your starter at 75% you've got serious roster problems.

So The Huskers have a Thompson Thumb maybe he can save the Husker kingdom like his cuz Tom Thumb saved his kingdom

Last edited:
Wonder if that's the reason his passes had an odd trajectory during the spring game (kind of like a knuckleball)? Regardless, absolutely no reason to play him if he's not 100 %. He can always work his way onto the field later in the season if need be. I absolutely hate it when players have sub-par performances and the excuse is "well, they were playing hurt". That's why we should be coaching up 2nd/3d string players. If your 2nd string player at 100% isn't as good as your starter at 75% you've got serious roster problems.
I think it's why he played so sparingly in the spring game. Certainly it had to have some effect on how he could spin the ball. I really hope Purdy or Smothers is ready to go if Thompson is not. I agree that we need to play one of them vice a sub par Thompson.

I think it's why he played so sparingly in the spring game. Certainly it had to have some effect on how he could spin the ball. I really hope Purdy or Smothers is ready to go if Thompson is not. I agree that we need to play one of them vice a sub par Thompson

I think it's why he played so sparingly in the spring game. Certainly it had to have some effect on how he could spin the ball. I really hope Purdy or Smothers is ready to go if Thompson is not. I agree that we need to play one of them vice a sub par Thompson.

I think it's why he played so sparingly in the spring game. Certainly it had to have some effect on how he could spin the ball. I really hope Purdy or Smothers is ready to go if Thompson is not. I agree that we need to play one of them vice a sub par Thompson

6k5939.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back