• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thompson's thumb injury!

cthusker

You talken to me?
10 Year Member
Although his injury has been discussed after reading the article in LSJ it really shocked me. Why didn't Texass provide proper medical care for Thompson? He's lucky his thumb/hand wasn't permanently damaged by continued playing last season. No wonder he wanted to get the hell out of there! He made the right move coming to Nebraska imo.

In layman's terms?

"I basically tore and strained all the ligaments and muscles and everything in my hand," Thompson said.

For context, Brees couldn’t even grip a football after he tore his UCL, let alone throw one, so the fact that Thompson continued to play — regardless of his accuracy — is bananas.

Thompson's father, Charles, said if Shin had known about the severity of Thompson’s injury early on, he would have recommended Thompson be shut down immediately.

Last edited:

Although his injury has been discussed after reading the article in LSJ it really shocked me. Why didn't Texass provide proper medical care for Thompson? He's lucky his thumb/hand wasn't permanently damaged by continued playing last season. No wonder he wanted to get the hell out of there! He made the right move coming to Nebraska imo.

Theres so many ways to answer this, but I'll be nice and just say neglect

More amazing is after all that injury and neglect. The care our doctors gave him has him now throwing a perfect spiral.
Perhaps young Manning and his family should have taken note how Casey was treated by the Whorns? There was absolutely NO excuse for playing him imo!

More amazing is after all that injury and neglect. The care our doctors gave him has him now throwing a perfect spiral.

6pwyst.gif

Last edited:
Who knows what happened? Maybe CT wanted to keep playing and address it afterwards? Why did he wait till after spring football to have it taken care of?
Apparently the injury wasn't even properly diagnosed after it happened. The decision should have been a medical one imo regardless if he wanted to keep playing. At least we now have strict concussion protocol which was long over due for player safety. If you remember he was very sparingly used in the Spring scrimmage. QB's can't even be tackled in that scrimmage and he only threw 4 passes and was shut down! Just saying.....

Apparently the injury wasn't even properly diagnosed after it happened. The decision should have been a medical one imo regardless if he wanted to keep playing. At least we now have strict concussion protocol which was long over due for player safety. If you remember he was very sparingly used in the Spring scrimmage. QB's can't even be tackled in that scrimmage and he only threw 4 passes and was shut down! Just saying.....
I think things were getting looked at but not diagnosed at the time possibly

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back