• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thompson's exchange with Martinez

It’s comments like this that make me laugh. Am was anything but a good passer. Line no line doesn’t matter he was terrible at passing. But hey maybe I’m wrong we shall see what he does at kstate.
Oh goodness not this hypocrisy again, when Smothers was making mistakes, it was anything but his fault, when Martinez did anything whether he was under pressure immediately or not, it was all his fault and he’s the worst QB to ever play here and that yada yada, that’s what makes me laugh

Oh goodness not this hypocrisy again, when Smothers was making mistakes, it was anything but his fault, when Martinez did anything whether he was under pressure immediately or not, it was all his fault and he’s the worst QB to ever play here and that yada yada, that’s what makes me laugh
and the guy won’t acknowledge the PPF statistics showing our line the worst performing line in P5. Still believes a quarterback should make every pass despite the pass blocking. Evidently quarterbacks don’t need pass blocking

and the guy won’t acknowledge the PPF statistics showing our line the worst performing line in P5. Still believes a quarterback should make every pass despite the pass blocking. Evidently quarterbacks don’t need pass blocking
Exactly, he literally was pressured on 47% of his drop backs, and our tackles ranked #1 and #7 in the NATION in pressures allowed

One trick pony.

Lmao another person that is ok with calling the oline out but not his boy am.

What I find ridiculous is comparing a 4 year starting QB to a kid starting his FIRST game against a very tough and disciplined defense. We have enough metrics on AM (after 4 years) to write a book! We know almost nothing about LS QB skills but anyone reasonable wouldn't compare him with a 22 year old 4 year starter imo.

What I find ridiculous is comparing a 4 year starting QB to a kid starting his FIRST game against a very tough and disciplined defense. We have enough metrics on AM (after 4 years) to write a book! We know almost nothing about LS QB skills but anyone reasonable wouldn't compare him with a 22 year old 4 year starter imo.
Didn’t compare him to am and doesn’t look like he will be the starter come next year but maybe I’m wrong along with many other posters stating that much.

I’m fine calling out AM for his mistakes. Purdue Martinez was awful. That’s the only game I say he was awful in. The OL was CONSISTENTLY awful, enough to be ranked as the worst in the P5 but for some reason that just means absolutely nothing to you

Didn’t compare him to am and doesn’t look like he will be the starter come next year but maybe I’m wrong along with many other posters stating that much.
My post wasn't aimed at you rather those that did compare a single start by LS to AM which is ridiculous imo. :thumbsup: I don't give a flying you know what who starts long as they are best we have.

Last edited:
I’m fine calling out AM for his mistakes. Purdue Martinez was awful. That’s the only game I say he was awful in. The OL was CONSISTENTLY awful, enough to be ranked as the worst in the P5 but for some reason that just means absolutely nothing to you

Seems like a good place to leave this quote:

“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

Really means nothing to me. Sorry to disappoint but yes they weren’t perfect just like their qb. It’s everyone else’s fault for him throwing ints or fumbling the ball. FYI he did those things in more than just the Purdue game. I’m just glad we are moving on from him. We will know for sure if am is as great as people like you think or if he’s just average at best like others think. He has his chance at kstate to prove it.

My post wasn't aimed at you rather those that did compare a single start by LS to AM which is ridiculous imo. :thumbsup:
I agree it is ridiculous one game doesn’t prove or disprove anything. I’m just hopeful this ship gets headed in the right direction this up coming year and we can actually enjoy watching the huskers win and not lose.

Really means nothing to me. Sorry to disappoint but yes they weren’t perfect just like their qb. It’s everyone else’s fault for him throwing ints or fumbling the ball. FYI he did those things in more than just the Purdue game. I’m just glad we are moving on from him. We will know for sure if am is as great as people like you think or if he’s just average at best like others think. He has his chance at kstate to prove it.
Once again no one is absolving Martinez from blame. When you’re 3-9 there’s plenty of blame to go around including the play of our offensive line which would make things difficult on Lamar Jackson. What gets old is your constant and I mean constant bashing of a kid that was nothing but professional and played hurt most of his career. Get a new act. You have MDS, Martinez derangement syndrome.

Last edited:

Once again no one is absolving Martinez from blame. When you’re 3-9 there’s plenty of blame to go around including the play of our offensive line which would make things difficult on Lamar Jackson. What gets old is your constant and I mean constant bashing of a kid that was nothing but professional and played hurt most of his career. Get a new act. You have MDS, Martinez derangement syndrome.
Yet it’s ok to bash the oline. If you go back and look every time I complain about am it’s cause of someone saying he had little to do with loses but then again that would take you to actually read what I am commenting about. If you don’t like me commenting then tell everyone else to stop bashing the line and saying how great am is.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back