• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thompson's exchange with Martinez

How do we treat them like crap. Isn’t that what message boards are for? We come here and critique things we think based on our experiences watching football. It can’t be all positive all the time. This place is extremely mild compared to other message boards. I will agree there is a way to do it without totally bashing a player. Sometimes I’ve screwed up abs bashed the player instead of criticizing the play. We’ve had tough quarterbacks my entire life. Jamal Lord, Crouch, Zac Taylor, and many many others. One thing we’ve never had is a true passing quarterback. I’m not talking about a statue that can’t move but a truly good passer that can scramble. We haven’t had one. It’s depressing and all I’ve wanted for years. I think Martinez is tough and a smart guy. Wish him the best but he wasn’t a good passer.
He was noticeably a better passer than Tommy Frazier.

He had a 200% better O line too and a mega dominant running back game. Adrian would have excelled with that also.
Yes definitely agree on that. Two totally different teams and eras of football. Football of today isn’t anything like that. With this offensive line Adrian would have been broken back then. Frazier took many more brutal hits. Every quarterback back then took worse punishment because the rules allowed it.

Really means nothing to me. Sorry to disappoint but yes they weren’t perfect just like their qb. It’s everyone else’s fault for him throwing ints or fumbling the ball. FYI he did those things in more than just the Purdue game. I’m just glad we are moving on from him. We will know for sure if am is as great as people like you think or if he’s just average at best like others think. He has his chance at kstate to prove it.
Debating whether he is great or average is always going to have good arguments on both sides. Calling him awful and not worthy of being D1 while defending this line goes against all the facts. But it’s a free board and you are allowed to keep posting the lies.

Debating whether he is great or average is always going to have good arguments on both sides. Calling him awful and not worthy of being D1 while defending this line goes against all the facts. But it’s a free board and you are allowed to keep posting the lies.
This is a very fair post on this subject. Many of us have debated about different quarterbacks over the years. The difference is this is all still fresh and the team had many issues. Our offensive line was bad. Our receivers where ok but not super stars. Our game planning and play calling was bad at times. Tight end usage made zero sense. The running game abs running back room made zero sense. Verduzco didn’t seem to get anyone ready to play as a starter or backup. We will all know more next season. He was a stand up kid and good ambassador for the school. I hope he does well.

Well yeah a guy that ran the option. Two different offenses. Frazier was s better quarterback and leader by far.
Too lazy to look up the stats but I bet Adrian and Tommy had near the same designed QB runs. This team depended way more on Adrian than those teams did on Tommy. I was at the K State game where our 3rd stringer was forced to start and play the entire game. All he did was hand off to Phillips play after play and we still beat a good Wildcat team at their place.

Too lazy to look up the stats but I bet Adrian and Tommy had near the same designed QB runs. This team depended way more on Adrian than those teams did on Tommy. I was at the K State game where our 3rd stringer was forced to start and play the entire game. All he did was hand off to Phillips play after play and we still beat a good Wildcat team at their place.
I was there also. GBR!!! I was 14 at the time. I don’t really think we are in disagreement that much on this. I don’t like comparing different time periods though. To hard to figure out with rule changes and schemes being different. That Kstate game was a fun one. We had their fans throwing snowballs at us.

And where did I state he didn’t deserve to be at d1?

He was noticeably a better passer than Tommy Frazier.

I don’t think Tommy Frazier ever played at Nebraska.

However Tommie Frazier did. :thumbsup:

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
You said it several times this season.

It’s comments like this that make me laugh. Am was anything but a good passer. Line no line doesn’t matter he was terrible at passing. But hey maybe I’m wrong we shall see what he does at kstate.
AM wasn’t a terrible passer but he could have been more accurate IMO. He gave everything he had and I think most fans appreciate his attitude, his athleticism, his work ethic, and his commitment to UN.

AM wasn’t a terrible passer but he could have been more accurate IMO. He gave everything he had and I think most fans appreciate his attitude, his athleticism, his work ethic, and his commitment to UN.
Didn’t say he didn’t try hard or had a bad attitude. But then again maybe just saying he’s a terrible passer means those things

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back