• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thompson's exchange with Martinez

I liked him a lot but he wasn’t terribly accurate. He had a knack for avoiding sacks. One of my favorite huskers.

Ganz threw for a 68% completion rate in his only full season as a starter (senior year). 25 TDs to 11 INTs.

Comparisons:
Adrian Martinez this past season threw for 62% completion rate, 14 TDs to 10 INTs.
Zac Taylor's senior year, 60%, 26 TDs, 8 INTs.

I'd say Joe Ganz was plenty accurate.

2AM was a great QB that was held back from so much more due to the lack of a functioning OL and poor development from his QB guru while he was here.

Good guy. Admire his grit and toughness...and it seems he has a ton more character.
Fixed it for you

Ganz threw for a 68% completion rate in his only full season as a starter (senior year). 25 TDs to 11 INTs.

Comparisons:
Adrian Martinez this past season threw for 62% completion rate, 14 TDs to 10 INTs.
Zac Taylor's senior year, 60%, 26 TDs, 8 INTs.

I'd say Joe Ganz was plenty accurate.
He was good and I liked him. I want a guy that can hit receivers in stride and has NFL possibilities. I could live with just one in my lifetime.

Holds 23 Nebraska School Records

NU Single-Game Record Holder for Passing Yards (510),Total Offense (528) and Passing TDs (7)

Nebraska Season Record Holder for Passing Yards,Pass Completions and Total Offense

Second at Nebraska in Career Passing Yards and Touchdown Passes

Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (2007 vs. Kansas State; 2008 vs. Kansas State)

2008 Tom Novak Trophy Winner

2008 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award Watch List
I'm pretty sure Frosty was only about 8 years old at the time, so his perception is skewed. It's probably also why he longs for an NFL quarterback on the roster.

Steve Pederson would be proud.

And he was one of the toughest QBs to ever go through this program. Who plays at a high level with the kinds of injuries he battled, especially a broken jaw. I hated to see him go as I think he would have thrived under the new offensive coaches.
It will be fascinating to see how AM does at KSU. He knew he needed a change, and likely despite the addition of any new toys at NU, he was going. Marvelous in exemplary behavior, I'm certain he won over the whole team with his deportment. But that isn't the same thing as confidence in "your guy" with all the opportunities to pull one out that came not. I can't help but think that minimally, at least on a sub-conscious level, some of his teammates had a doubt.
One can't hold a position of such great import to a team as has this 4 year starter, and not allow sizable room in other minds for a reset when one leaves. The kids whom stayed must have a sense that things are different now. Unfortunate that AM represents that.

It will be fascinating to see how AM does at KSU. He knew he needed a change, and likely despite the addition of any new toys at NU, he was going. Marvelous in exemplary behavior, I'm certain he won over the whole team with his deportment. But that isn't the same thing as confidence in "your guy" with all the opportunities to pull one out that came not. I can't help but think that minimally, at least on a sub-conscious level, some of his teammates had a doubt.
One can't hold a position of such great import to a team as has this 4 year starter, and not allow sizable room in other minds for a reset when one leaves. The kids whom stayed must have a sense that things are different now. Unfortunate that AM represents that.
Isn't his girlfriend at KSU?

AM has always impressed me more on his thoughtful and excellent conduct off the field. Why bad mouth Nebr when a few years from now he might be looking for GA coaching job? That would have been stupid imo slamming the program that he stuck with for 4 years?

He's a very good and smart young man imo and I honestly wish him the best at KSU and beyond.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back