• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thompson's exchange with Martinez

I'd include Tommie Armstrong in that list. He's another player who gave his all and received a great deal of unfair criticism.

The greatest fans of all have a history of treating our QBs like crap.
How do we treat them like crap. Isn’t that what message boards are for? We come here and critique things we think based on our experiences watching football. It can’t be all positive all the time. This place is extremely mild compared to other message boards. I will agree there is a way to do it without totally bashing a player. Sometimes I’ve screwed up abs bashed the player instead of criticizing the play. We’ve had tough quarterbacks my entire life. Jamal Lord, Crouch, Zac Taylor, and many many others. One thing we’ve never had is a true passing quarterback. I’m not talking about a statue that can’t move but a truly good passer that can scramble. We haven’t had one. It’s depressing and all I’ve wanted for years. I think Martinez is tough and a smart guy. Wish him the best but he wasn’t a good passer.

You guess? Is there someone else you believe might call AM and hear some Nebraska bashing?

It was a tongue-in-cheek statement with the "I guess." Of course, he wouldn't. But it was suggested in posts prior to mine it was a good thing or that he could have said something bad. Instead, it should be a given that he'd have good words. I'd be shocked if AM whined to Casey Thompson.

Last edited:

Fans throwing quarterbacks under the bus is not at all exclusive to Nebraska.

Every fan base does this at every level with quarterbacks. If a QB isn't playing at a Tommie Frazier or Tom Brady level, he's almost always the first target for criticism (along with the coach). Right or wrong, that's just how it is with the most visible player who has his hands on the ball more than any other player.

Last edited:
How do we treat them like crap. Isn’t that what message boards are for? We come here and critique things we think based on our experiences watching football. It can’t be all positive all the time. This place is extremely mild compared to other message boards. I will agree there is a way to do it without totally bashing a player. Sometimes I’ve screwed up abs bashed the player instead of criticizing the play. We’ve had tough quarterbacks my entire life. Jamal Lord, Crouch, Zac Taylor, and many many others. One thing we’ve never had is a true passing quarterback. I’m not talking about a statue that can’t move but a truly good passer that can scramble. We haven’t had one. It’s depressing and all I’ve wanted for years. I think Martinez is tough and a smart guy. Wish him the best but he wasn’t a good passer.
Joe Ganz says hello.

I liked him a lot but he wasn’t terribly accurate.

Holds 23 Nebraska School Records

NU Single-Game Record Holder for Passing Yards (510),Total Offense (528) and Passing TDs (7)

Nebraska Season Record Holder for Passing Yards,Pass Completions and Total Offense

Second at Nebraska in Career Passing Yards and Touchdown Passes

Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (2007 vs. Kansas State; 2008 vs. Kansas State)

2008 Tom Novak Trophy Winner

2008 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award Watch List

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back