• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thompson vs Purdy

I feel bad that it appears Logan isn’t going to get a real opportunity. I hope like hell they are smart enough to put in some option/QB run type plays for him to run to throw the defense for a loop. It could be deadly and a huge weapon, especially if he can also pass out of some of it. Kid is a playmaker, and they need to find a way to use him imo. He is not a scab of an athlete. He could have went to many power 5 schools.
Dont feel bad, he makes his own future. He aint done yet

IMO none of our QB's are going to be allowed the amount of turnover forgiveness AM enjoyed. Start fumbling and tossing INT's have a seat! Simply can't have a turnover machine at QB and expect to beat good teams.

Thompson will be QB1 and given numerous opportunities to succeed. With that said, Scott's future depends upon who's behind center. You could see panic if things go south early against beatable teams. But I'm convinced it'll take a lot for that to happen.

IMO none of our QB's are going to be allowed the amount of turnover forgiveness AM enjoyed. Start fumbling and tossing INT's have a seat! Simply can't have a turnover machine at QB and expect to beat good teams.
This right here.
In the past AM would have a bad game andwe might see another qb,only to find out AM was a hurting unit. No depth prevented him being replaced until he was hurt.
I think this will change.

I personally don't believe we'll see a 2-QB platoon. In fact, I'd be shocked. That's a risk not worth taking when a head coach has his job on the line, IMO.

The key to playing time will be the ability to read the defense and make quick decisions. That's where I think Casey Thompson edges out Purdy.
Two QB's at the same time. Recently, AM and Luke.

IF Thompson does get pulled or hurt, then I think we see some sort of a 2 QB system between Purdy and Smothers.
I'd be really surprised. Having watched Whipple ball in Mass, he's a big, big continuity guy. He has historically stuck with "a dude", but with the urgency to win, you may very well be right. Ultimately, Scott has final say...so it will be interesting if we see the offense stall. Crazy dynamic here. Can't say there isn't intrigue this year. Just hoping Thompson is the real deal and Raiola is a diamond in the rough. If that happens, nothing can stop this team from a bowl besides injuries (lack of depth on the lines are my second biggest concern).

We have three QBs who can read defenses well. Thompson does the best here, likely from playing.
CP and LS can but still making some mistakes, but no turnovers, thats from Whipple. It hasnt come quick/natural yet.
Thompsons ready just needs reps, the other two needs reps for consistency and all 3 have strengths and will get their own packages of plays. Also from coach Whipple.
We have 3 quarterbacks that can read the defenses well? Based on what?

I feel bad that it appears Logan isn’t going to get a real opportunity. I hope like hell they are smart enough to put in some option/QB run type plays for him to run to throw the defense for a loop. It could be deadly and a huge weapon, especially if he can also pass out of some of it. Kid is a playmaker, and they need to find a way to use him imo. He is not a scab of an athlete. He could have went to many power 5 schools.
Not sure how bringing in a quarterback specifically to run the option throws much of a loop. I know you want to argue that it adds so many more variables for the defense but if that’s the case……make him the starter.

Disagree. Our designated new starter had just as many interceptions last year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back