• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thomas Allen transferring > NC State

Not a big deal to me. I'd rather have one Johnny Trueblood then 5 Thomas Allens
Man, I'd rather have hustling Thomas Allen that's learned from Johnny Trueblood. Allen was one of the few that was still hustling when the team looked lost - he got pulled in favor of Thor, who hustled his hindparts off - and they were hoping that Allen would fire the bench to score more. It didn't work, but I didn't think Allen was the problem on defense, he just deferred to Palmer and everyone else too much on offense.

I think these are the folks most likely to dive on the floor for a ball in January:

1. Thor
2. Allen
3. Nana
4. Tanner
5. Copeland (limited time)

The others would go for it (especially Watson if provoked) but since they were playing the whole game they were trying to save fouls and energy. I didn't list Trueblood because he didn't play.

Last edited:

TA = underachiever. In the end, who was more valuable to the team, Trueblood or Allen. Trueblood maximized what little talent he had, while TA was still living off his high school accolades. Say what you want, but Trueblood should epitomize what NU basketball should be about. If this was football, Trueblood would be that 5th year walk-on O-lineman who knocks the sophomore 4 star recruit out of a starting position solely because he outworks him.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

FC, you should probably watch more UNK games and fewer NU games. I fully appreciate JT's efforts, but remember, they came in a short stretch of games and replace the 3 legitimate D1 BB players on the court with 3 more 5th year walk-ons and i'm afraid NU would have lost those games by 40 points.

TA = underachiever. In the end, who was more valuable to the team, Trueblood or Allen. Trueblood maximized what little talent he had, while TA was still living off his high school accolades. Say what you want, but Trueblood should epitomize what NU basketball should be about. If this was football, Trueblood would be that 5th year walk-on O-lineman who knocks the sophomore 4 star recruit out of a starting position solely because he outworks him.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
I agree with a lot of what you said - except that TA wasn't a hard worker or that he was less valuable than Trueblood. I hope to see Allen in a leadership position on Nebraska in the future, and that we can find out how hard he's willing to work. I also hope that Charlie Easley is on the UNL squad next year filling Trueblood's role.

I agree with a lot of what you said - except that TA wasn't a hard worker or that he was less valuable than Trueblood. I hope to see Allen in a leadership position on Nebraska in the future, and that we can find out how hard he's willing to work. I also hope that Charlie Easley is on the UNL squad next year filling Trueblood's role.
I like a good walk on story as much as the next guy but the love affair some tend to have with the undervalued white Nebraska kid making it big gets old-yes I went there. In my opinion there is often times painting with a very broad a brush and wild assumptions are made and in nearly every case the white walk-on works harder than the black recruit. Maybe this post is more appropriate in hot topics but it bothers me every time I see these comparisons. You see the same on the football board and in my opinion its a bad look. At the end of the day your team needs a couple of Johnny Truebloods but you’re not going to win championships with eight of them.

Not a big deal to me. I'd rather have one Johnny Trueblood then 5 Thomas Allens

giphy.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back