• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thomas Allen...GONE (> NC State)

So is it wrong to assume he would have stayed if miles was coach, but hoiberg is now Coach and he's leaving?

That's some solid thinking right there

Like I said before I'll take one Johnny trueblood before 5 Allens

giphy.gif

So is it wrong to assume he would have stayed if miles was coach, but hoiberg is now Coach and he's leaving?

That's some solid thinking right there

Like I said before I'll take one Johnny trueblood before 5 Allens
I appreciate your goals of making the NIT every year, but I’m going to go ahead and take the 5 Allen’s coached by Hoiberg vs 5 Truebloods coached by anyone.

He wasn’t happy since Hunter left. Not sure Miles could have even saved him.

You’re probably right.

The thing is, this could have been his year to take a leadership role. I get that he’s lost several folks he’s had a good relationship with, but starting over is just that, and he could help make this ‘his team’ to some extent.

I wish the young man the best - he will do what he and his family feel is best for him. I enjoyed watching him play, he was on an upswing in the program.

In deference to the situation, however, I will trade Thomas Allen for Fred Hoiberg. Not that TA is leaving because of Hoiberg, which I highly doubt is the case, but likely that some portion of his decision is based on Miles being let go. And for me, it was time for that to happen.

Just my opinion.

Can't begrudge the young man if he feels it's time to move on. Better than sticking it out without having his full heart or committment in it. Best luck to him, I'd love to see him excell somewhere else if he felt he couldn't here.

Allen seems to be a really good kid; more involved in the community than any other player except for perhaps Roby. I wish him the best.

I wonder if the combination of homesickness, all the East Coast players graduating, and so many scoring guards turned him off. I don't think he's good enough to play point guard in the Big Ten, and that might have been the place for him to contribute with Burke and Green taking all the scoring guard minutes.

Super good kid! I wish him the absolute best. There will be more attrition for sure which happens anytime during a coaching change. It would have been nice to have Allen, but Hoiberg will bring in players.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back