• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This will be a successful season if......?

I want a return to the Osborne standards of excellence:
  1. Win at least 9 games.
  2. Lose no more than 3 games.
  3. No losses to any team with a losing record.
  4. No blowout losses.
  5. Dominate those teams that are picked to lose by more than a TD.
  6. Excellent execution in all phases of the game.
  7. Dominate the 4th quarter.
  8. Establish a reputation for a program based on discipline, honesty, and hard work.
  9. Start to rebuild the O-line and D-line into the strengths of the team.
  10. Hit harder than your opponent, and never quit.
It doesn't all need to happen in one year, and some of it can't happen in one year, but I want to see us moving in that direction in all phases by the end of the season. Potential for injuries and lack of depth at crucial positions make everything a wildcard as far as predicting wins and losses.
no use straining my neurons, this pretty much covers it cept maybe 10 win minumumum for playing 12 games

It's time to win the West Division. It will be hard to truly feel good about a season until that happens.

We need to take advantage of a more manageable schedule this year. The team may be better in 2020 than 2019, but the 2020 schedule will be more difficult.

A "successful" season:

8 wins
No embarrassing blowout losses
Visible improvement on offense AND defense AND special teams
Visible improvement on OLine and DLine
No crisis or scandal involving players or coaches
People start to talk about us being on the same level with Wisc, Iowa, NW
We're at least in the running for division championship
Good showing in a nice bowl

Less than all that would be disappointing
More than that would be GREAT!

Bolded still galls me that it's even a thing....ouch. North Fudging Western?

Bolded still galls me that it's even a thing....ouch. North Fudging Western?

The Iowa thing bothers me the most of those three. But ya...

We have to earn our way above those teams. Haven't done it since we've joined the B10. This living in the past thing is getting old for me, I know that. :Bananalazy:

Hmm, good question

For me:
1. Continue to improve in terms of consistency of playing assignments and playing as a team
2. Get more physical on the line and throughout on D with sucking up blockers and making tackles that stick and drop ball carriers
3. On Offense keep Martinez healthy and continue to add pieces to the offense
4. Start to see an offensive line that will open holes consistently play the scheme we want -- Overall more physical and more mobile (last depends on Duval/Ellis a lot)
5. See real depth developing. Last year we had little depth. This year I'd love to see a deeper team where the #2's look a lot more like the 1's

If we do those things we have a good shot at winning the West, but even if there's a surprise and we don't win the west, success for me this year is focused on getting better and building the program in the right way

I'll consider it a return to normal if we get 9 wins in-season and have two 1,000 yard players.

When we start to see signs of the confidence our 1990’s teams had.

So this year I want to see a swarming defense and some stoutness by holding the other team to 4 yards per carry

If we do that I will smile as we win 9 or 10 games knowing 2020 will bring 10 -11 wins and opportunity for conference championship

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back