• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This Weekend is the Last Home Series for Nebraska Baseball's Seniors -- or is it?

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
“I don’t want to see the finish line just yet,” Chick said. “Trying to just take it one game at a time and play where my feet are.”

For at least a few more days, his cleats and those of his fellow “seniors” will be firmly planted at Haymarket Park as they look to buck long odds by extending Nebraska’s season into the Big Ten tournament in Omaha next week. Whenever the end comes, the program’s fourth-year players will scatter for the summer not knowing how many will return in August.

NU has 10 such members not counting senior left-handed reliever Tyler Martin, who was removed from the team this month for violating team rules. Most are familiar names — among them weekend starters Shay Schanaman and Koty Frank, catcher Griffin Everitt and infielders Efry Cervantes, Colby Gomes and Chick. Top injured pitchers Kyle Perry and Jake Bunz too along with reserve pitcher Caleb Feekin and catcher Nick Wimmers.

This is hard for me. A couple of these guys I really like (Shay has been a favorite for 4 years). However as seniors they did less than nothing to lead this team. I’ve never seen a team play with so little discipline or passion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back