• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This Was The Season That Was - End of MIles Era! MBB - 2018/2019

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
:Cool: 2018 /19 Men’s Basketball Game Schedule
http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=24&SPSID=22&DB_OEM_ID=10010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huskers (19-17) (6-14) (2-1) (1-1) KenPom ranking #47 @4/8/19

Huskers started @ Pre-Season #38 KemPom, Rising to #11 @ 1/15/19, an all-time high for the Huskers, Finishing-up at just about the starting point. The previous KenPom high was #34 during the 2014/15 season (following the prior NCAA Tournament season. #34 tied the prior high for the 2010/11 season under Doc Sadler). The decline from #11 in mid-January resulted from a prolonged, team-wide shooting slump, and season-ending injury to Sr. Isaac Copeland. Huskers won their final regular season game, two B1G Tournament Games, and one NIT match, despite suiting up only 8 players, by game-winning contributions from bench and walk-on players. IT'S BEEN A WILD RIDE!!! :Woohoo2:

On March 26, 2019, the University announced Head Coach Tim Miles would not be retained because of the lack of a consistent level of success over his 7 year tenure. Coach Miles guided the Huskers to a 19-17 record in 2018-19, and finished his Nebraska career with a 116-114 record in his seven seasons at the helm. He coached the Huskers to one NCAA Tournament appearance (2014) and two trips to the NIT (2018, 2019). Miles helped Nebraska to a pair of fourth-place finishes in the Big Ten Conference, but the Huskers finished 10th or lower in the league standings five times.
Statement from Coach Tim Miles:
“Thank you to the University of Nebraska for a remarkable journey. It was a great honor to represent this University the past seven years. I am extremely proud of what we were able to accomplish during my tenure, most notably developing relationships with so many fantastic people associated with the Huskers.

“A special thank you and deep gratitude to our players and parents who have been with us and supported us over the years. Thanks to our coaches, legends, alumni and to all of the support staff who interact with our program on a daily basis and made the experience one I will always cherish.

“To the fans, students and supporters who make Pinnacle Bank Arena such an incredible venue, much respect and thank you as well.

“My family will always be cheering for the Huskers and look forward to seeing #Nebrasketball make history in the near future. GBR!”
:Salute:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO :Huskers:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Run-Down:

Sun, 10/21 Secret Scrimmage @ Iowa St (78-74) - Pssst! Huskers dwn 14 rally within 4 @ closed-session
All-Devaney_ph34r.png

...(Exhibition Game)
Thu, 11/1 vs Wayne State, (75-40) - Huskers handily outmatch Wayne State despite 4-26 from Three! :Redface:

Out-of-Conference (11) Record: 10-1

...(Hall of Fame Classic @ PBA. Regional Rounds)
Tue, 11/6 vs Mississippi Valley State (#348), (W, 106-37) - Huskers Outclass MVS in Season Opener :Usa:
Sun, 11/11 vs Southeastern Louisiana (#273), (W, 87-35) - Huskers Dismantle SE LA, win by 52 pts :eek:

...(Gavitt Tipoff Games; Series Record: 1-2)
Wed, 11/14 vs Seaton Hall (#40), (W, 80-57) - Huskers Shine after officiating gaffes - Miles 100th Win :Bow:

...(Hall of Fame Classic @ Kansas City, MO. Overall Record: 3-1; Finish in 2nd Place)
Mon, 11/19 vs Missouri State (#167), (W, 85-62) - Huskers Blow Out MO St; Adv to finals :Banana:
Tue, 11/20 vs Texas Tech (#20), (L, 70-52) - TT:pirate:Blows out Huskers in final :Bananalazy: (Huskers finish 2nd Place)

Sat, 11/24 vs Western Illinois (#230), (W, 73-49) - Glynn passes Tai in scoring, #25 all time in Win :Bow:

...(Big Ten/ACC Challenge ; Series Record: 5-3)
Mon, 11/26 @ Clemson (#24), (W, 68-66) - Huskers Hold up Their End in Thriller @ Littlejohn :Happyrun:

Sat, 12/8 vs Creighton (#30), (W, 94-75) - AT LAST, HUSKERS BLU-OUT:Hair Fire: BLUE-JAYS!!!! :Bow:
Sun, 12/16 vs Oklahoma State (#65), (W, 79-56) - Beat 'Pokes' = KPom Hi #14. Miles & Mo(Iba) @106 wins:Rockon:
Sat, 12/22 vs Cal State Fullerton (#167), (W, 86-62) - Good Win by 24 pts despite poor rebounding & FT's :Redface:

Merry Christmas :Santa:

Sat, 12/29 vs Southwest Minnesota State (#NR), (W, 79-38) - Huskers Dispatch Mustangs; 10-1 in Non-Con :Salute:

B1G Conference Play (20) Record: 6-14
All conf games will be on Broadcast TV - BTN, ESPN or FS1

2018 (*) Played in December between OOC Games
*Sun, 12/2 vs Illinois (#89), (W, 75-60) - 'Illi-noying' falls, Pavelka's 1,000th game; Glynn #20 top scorer:Bow:
*Wed, 12/5 @ Minnesota (#55), (L, 85-78) - Leading by 13, Huskers wind up on wrong end of 20+ pt run :Confused:

2019 (Happy New Years! :Cheers:)

Wed, 1/2 @ Maryland (#31), (L, 74-72) - Huskers Drop Winnable Road Game by a Whisker :Redface:
Sun, 1/6 @ Iowa (#46), (L, 93-84) - Poor Shooting, Rebounding & FTs = Dropping another Road Game :Banghead:
Thu, 1/10 vs Penn State (#61), (W, 70-64) - Roby-22pts, dbl-dbl + Glynn-Hail Mary trey ties 20 Hm Wins:thumbsup:
Mon, 1/14 @ Indiana (#25), (W, 66-51) - Huskers Never Trail, Dominate to end IU's 10 win Streak @Home:pirate:
Thu, 1/17 vs Michigan State (#3), (L, 70-64) - Huskers Hang tough but lose, end 20-game PBA win streak:(
Mon, 1/21 @ Rutgers (#125), (L, 76-69) - Huskers don't bring 'A' game; lose to Scarlett Knights @ RAC :oops:
Sat, 1/26 vs Ohio State (#39), (L, 70-60) - Hot-Hand OSU out-score, rebound Huskers:Confused: Cope out for season
Tue, 1/29 vs Wisconsin (#12), (L, 62-51) - Huskers Slip in Past Four Games due to Shooting Woes :(
Sat, 2/2 @ Illinois (#84), (L, 84-64) - Husker's Shooting Woes Continue; Fifth straight Loss :Confused::Confused::Confused::Confused::Confused:
Wed, 2/6 vs Maryland (#20), (L, 60-45) - Shooting Worsens-Lose. Palmer becomes 30th-1,000 pt Husker:Mfclap:
Sat, 2/9 @ Purdue (#10), (L, 81-62) - Huskers Battle Hard, Fall Short Down the Stretch, Allen w/18 pts :Clap:
Wed, 2/13 vs Minnesota (#56), (W, 62-61) - Palmer makes Last Sec FTs; nail-biter in TM's 50th B1G Win :thumbsup:
Sat, 2/16 vs Northwestern (#69), (W, 59-50) - Huskers pull away from NW; Roby w/dbl, dbl (19, 16 & 5) :Bow:
Tue, 2/19 @ Penn State (#58), (L, 95-71) - PENN STATE ROLLS HUSKERS, 95-71 :Cry:
Sat, 2/23 vs Purdue (#10), (L, 75-72) - Huskers Match Purdue's Shoulder-blows (no-call) 4 Touch-fouls:Catfight:

Thu, 2/28 @ Michigan (#7), (L, 82-53)-Huskers Flop :Redface: Bright Spot, Bench @21 pts-2nd highest in B1G playo_O
Tue, 3/5 @ Michigan State (#4), (L, 91-76) - Huskers Fall despite Palmer/Watson combined record 55 pts :Clap:
Sun, 3/10 vs Iowa (#40), (W, 93-91 OT) - Cinderella Rally fm -16 to OT Win; Roby, Tanner Out, Johnny T, Amir & Thor with winning plays! :Bow:

...B1G Tournament @ United Center, Chicago, IL (Huskers #13 Seed) (Record 2-1)

Wed, 3/13 vs Rutgers (#12 Seed, #77 KPom), (W, 68-61) - Bench shines, Johnny T gives game of his life as slo-starting Huskers end on a 20-10 run to win Round One:Bow:
Thu, 3/14 vs Maryland (#5 Seed, #20 KPom), (W, 69-61) - GRIT, NO QUIT
index.php
HUSKERS
suit-up only 8 players; take early lead, never look back :Woohoo:
upload_2019-4-1_16-33-12.png

Fri, 3/15 vs Wisconsin (#4 Seed, #12 KPom), (L, 66-62)-NO QUIT HUSKERS Fight Fresh Badgers to 4 pts:Cheer2:

Post Season - NIT (Huskers #4 Seed) (Record 1-1)
Tue, 3/19 Through Thu, 4/4
Wed, 3/20 vs Butler (#5 Seed, #69 KPom), (W, 80-76) -Tim's Raiders:pirate:for his FIRST Post-Season Win:Hooray:
Sun, 3/24 @ TCU (#1 Seed, #49 KPom), (L, 88-72) - Loss, but PALMER sets Single-Season Scoring Record :Bow:

Ken Pomeroy Ratings: https://kenpom.com/

(Link to Prior Years' Game Summaries)
2017/18: https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?threads/this-was-the-season-that-was-mbb-2017-2018.98301/
2016/17: https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?threads/this-was-the-season-that-was-mbb-2016-2017.90966/
2015/16: http://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?threads/this-was-the-season-that-was-mbb-2015-2016.80033/
2014/15: http://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?threads/this-was-the-season-that-was-2015.72532/

Last edited:

If I go I'll take photos and try to put together a summary. Here's my guess: Amir is better than we thought, Brady will need time, and Roby is gimpy.

If I go I'll take photos and try to put together a summary. Here's my guess: Amir is better than we thought, Brady will need time, and Roby is gimpy.

Nice! I was hoping to go but I just got too much stuff going on. Let us know!

Thoughts on that Big 10 2 game stretch in early December? What's the logic? To give BTN some quality programming?

It's probably something we'll continue to see. Last season I believe it had something to do with the B1G being able to schedule the B1G Conference Tournament @ Madison Square Garden. This year I think it may be a result of the B1G going to a 20 game conference schedule.

I still say, our Huskers were totally disrespected by the committee!! 22 wins, losing by a hair vs Kansas, and they crap on them? The committee is a joke! Even in football, the committee is a joke!

I'll put this here. The Big Ten looks much improved this year top to bottom. The 20 game schedule will be a meat grinder with no easy outs. Going 10-10 in conference, or better, will be very difficult. Although possible, making the NCAA tournament is going to be very challenging. We really need to go 10-1 in the non-conference games, 9-2 at worst, and of course have a few wins over quality opponents along the way.

At least this year the strength of the conference should carry a few more of the teams into the tournament. Last year the perceived weakness of the conference really hurt us.

Hang on, it's going to be a fun ride.

GBR!!!

Last edited:
I'll put this here. The Big Ten looks much improved this year top to bottom. The 20 game schedule will be a meat grinder with no easy outs. Going 10-10 in conference, or better, will be very difficult. Although possible, making the NCAA tournament is going to be very challenging. We really need to go 10-1 in the non-conference games, 9-2 at worst, and of course have a few wins over quality opponents along the way.

At least this year the strength of the conference should carry a few more of the teams into the tournament. Last year the perceived weakness of the conference really hurt us.

GBR!!!
Lincoln radio dorks were claiming it was 11 wins in conference to be sure of making the tournament this year. And Illinois is a must win game.

Seton Hall and Clemson may turn out to be signature wins - I hope Creighton is another one of those wins!

GBR!!!
I have no doubt, we will play over .500 in the conference. :) We will steal 2 or 3 on the road, then play close to 100% at home. This team has pride and they know what the goal is. They have a chance to get to the NCAA tournament; they are hungry!!

Sic em, Huskers!!!:Hair Fire::Corn2::Banana::Catfight:

I have no doubt, we will play over .500 in the conference. :) We will steal 2 or 3 on the road, then play close to 100% at home. This team has pride and they know what the goal is. They have a chance to get to the NCAA tournament; they are hungry!!

Sic em, Huskers!!!:Hair Fire::Corn2::Banana::Catfight:
giphy.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back