• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This team has turned the corner

LoneStarHusker

Recruit
5 Year Member
When Coach Frost says he has had to talk to the team two days in a row about throttling it back in practice, combined with his comments about being a joy to coach this team and everyone being happy to be there, the signs are all there that this team has gelled fully around this staff and scheme and they are all working in unison toward the same goal. They have learned how to strength train, they have learned how to properly fuel their bodies, they have embraced the culture, they have now learned how they need to practice consistently to be winners. If the team stays healthy, especially A.M, I would not be surprised to see them with zero to max of 2 losses for the regular season, which is amazing considering our past 2 seasons. The future is bright and I think the Big 10 is going to be put on notice that there is a new Sheriff in town, and he's a bit Frosty...

When Coach Frost says he has had to talk to the team two days in a row about throttling it back in practice, combined with his comments about being a joy to coach this team and everyone being happy to be there, the signs are all there that this team has gelled fully around this staff and scheme and they are all working in unison toward the same goal. They have learned how to strength train, they have learned how to properly fuel their bodies, they have embraced the culture, they have now learned how they need to practice consistently to be winners. If the team stays healthy, especially A.M, I would not be surprised to see them with zero to max of 2 losses for the regular season, which is amazing considering our past 2 seasons. The future is bright and I think the Big 10 is going to be put on notice that there is a new Sheriff in town, and he's a bit Frosty...
They haven't accomplished anything yet

:Hooray:I love the excitement, but this fan base has completely overdosed on the Kool Aid.

A few short months ago, we were a 4-8 team...a team that lost key contributors that were replaced with a bunch of question marks. Let's get through this non-con schedule and see which warts are exposed before talking undefeated seasons.

I like some things we are seeing like you mention, which is why I have a base case of 8 wins and an optimistic case of 10. But I think more than that is really unsupported.

Last edited:

There is only 1 team and 1 game where we will have less talent on the field...
There are huge opportunities to take a massive leap forward in the eyes of College fans
I think we’re going to have a good year but I just don’t get how you can say this coming off back to back seasons of 4-8. Look at our past drafts, all conference teams, and depth. We may have more on paper talent than many of the teams we play but to say all but one is a real stretch. Besides Martinez, who do you see capable of any all-conference type honors? Do you see real depth on this team? Do you see a dramatic improvement on the defense this year? I will take Wisconsin and Iowa and how they play to their system over recruiting rankings and talent any day. We played better the second half of the year but who did we really beat? With the exception of Minnesota our best games were still losses to Iowa, Ohio State, and Northwestern. Michigan State was a decent win but they were terrible on offense. We are going to be in some real dog fights all year and if we can’t figure out how to stop the run we could be staring at 6 or 7 wins and that would have many of us in meltdown mode.

I think we’re going to have a good year but I just don’t get how you can say this coming off back to back seasons of 4-8. Look at our past drafts, all conference teams, and depth. We may have more on paper talent than many of the teams we play but to say all but one is a real stretch. Besides Martinez, who do you see capable of any all-conference type honors? Do you see real depth on this team? Do you see a dramatic improvement on the defense this year? I will take Wisconsin and Iowa and how they play to their system over recruiting rankings and talent any day. We played better the second half of the year but who did we really beat? With the exception of Minnesota our best games were still losses to Iowa, Ohio State, and Northwestern. Michigan State was a decent win but they were terrible on offense. We are going to be in some real dog fights all year and if we can’t figure out how to stop the run we could be staring at 6 or 7 wins and that would have many of us in meltdown mode.
I believe it's also fair to say the OSU, NW and IA games were certainly winnable. As a matter of fact we should have won the NW imo except for some crazy stuff in the closing minutes. So yea we did lose 8 games but the 2nd half of the season was very different then the first 6 games imo.

That despite a defense that was less than stellar most of the season gives me a really good feeling about this year. I believe our D will at WORST middle of the pack in the BIG but could well become one of the strengths by seasons end. The offense finished 2nd in the BIG so I'm extremely confident it will be improved with AM taking a big step forward. Anyone that beats this team had better be able to play some very good defense because this offense will be extremely difficult to stop. It's also good to remember teams in the BIG will not be used to playing defense against the type of offense HCSF will be running. It's very difficult to scheme against a type of offense you only see once a season.

I believe we really do have the talent to more then match up with every team in our division! How that actually works out is certainly TBD but I see this as a 9 or 10 win team. It's certainly exciting and the first season in a long time I believe we can play with anyone on our schedule.......

Oh i dont have any dilusions that we might go undefeated, just saying we play only 1 opponent whose markedly better.

I believe it's also fair to say the OSU, NW and IA games were certainly winnable. As a matter of fact we should have won the NW imo except for some crazy stuff in the closing minutes. So yea we did lose 8 games but the 2nd half of the season was very different then the first 6 games imo.

That despite a defense that was less than stellar most of the season gives me a really good feeling about this year. I believe our D will at WORST middle of the pack in the BIG but could well become one of the strengths by seasons end. The offense finished 2nd in the BIG so I'm extremely confident it will be improved with AM taking a big step forward. Anyone that beats this team had better be able to play some very good defense because this offense will be extremely difficult to stop. It's also good to remember teams in the BIG will not be used to playing defense against the type of offense HCSF will be running. It's very difficult to scheme against a type of offense you only see once a season.

I believe we really do have the talent to more then match up with every team in our division! How that actually works out is certainly TBD but I see this as a 9 or 10 win team. It's certainly exciting and the first season in a long time I believe we can play with anyone on our schedule.......
Believe me I hope you’re right and I’m wrong. I see eight or nine wins and lingering concerns on defense.

:Hooray:I love the excitement, but this fan base has completely overdosed on the Kool Aid.

A few short months ago, we were a 4-8 team...a
team that lost key contributors that were replaced with a bunch of question marks. Let's get through this non-con schedule and see which warts are exposed before talking undefeated seasons.

Not only that but over four years we've been 6-7, 9-4, 4-8, and 4-8. The 9 win team was the outlier and was demolished by almost everyone with a pulse. I think some folks still see the 4-8 record as an outlier but until we can string together a couple of good seasons, that's actually the recent norm. IMO, folks should slow down on the 10 and 11 win talk. That's a heck of a jump from where we've been. An 8-4 type of season would be a tremendous improvement.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back