• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This team has the ingredients

If we can improve the intangibles, we have a very good season in front of us.
Turnovers, Penalties, Off & Def 3rd down conversions, All spec teams, win the field position battle. Win 4-5 games by enuf points that we get some 3-4 string players some meaningful snaps, which keeps our starters rested and healthy

Short of a lot of key injuries (qb) If we only win 6 games next year it will be less than acceptable. We have a schedule that is in the bottom quarter of P4 as far as strength and a team talent in top 25.

I get how bad our history has been the last 7 years but we that is irrelevant with a quality staff to go with the talent we have. 8 games should be the low bar. Especially based on the koolaid being poured by some fans.

Last edited:
Short of a lot of key injuries (qb) If we only win 6 games next year it will be less than acceptable. We have a schedule that is in the bottom quarter of P4 as far as strength and a team talent in top 25.

I get how bad our history has been the last 7 years but we that is irrelevant with a quality staff to go with the talent we have. 8 games should be the low bar. Especially based on the koolaid being poured by some fans.
I guess I differ from most on this board because I don't see this deeply talented roster that others are seeing. We have a couple of really good players, but the rest are just a bunch of guys, IMO. We lack quality depth at almost all the position groups. There is a reason we haven't had anyone drafted in the last two years. When was the last time we had a player picked for the 1st team all-Big Ten list?

As a result, I will be happy if we get 6 wins this year. If Raiola can give us consistently better QB play compared to what we had last year, 6 wins should come. Based on what I saw of Raiola's play in the Spring game, I think that is a reasonable expectation. I just hope he makes it through the season relatively healthy. I would imagine we will see very few QB runs when Raiola is in the game.

I guess I differ from most on this board because I don't see this deeply talented roster that others are seeing. We have a couple of really good players, but the rest are just a bunch of guys, IMO. We lack quality depth at almost all the position groups. There is a reason we haven't had anyone drafted in the last two years. When was the last time we had a player picked for the 1st team all-Big Ten list?

As a result, I will be happy if we get 6 wins this year. If Raiola can give us consistently better QB play compared to what we had last year, 6 wins should come. Based on what I saw of Raiola's play in the Spring game, I think that is a reasonable expectation. I just hope he makes it through the season relatively healthy. I would imagine we will see very few QB runs when Raiola is in the game.
Sure. No hope for Princewell, Barney, Shavers, Benning, Bootle, Brix, Buford, Coleman, Evans, Hall, Hill, Kaelin, Lefotu, Leonhardt, Lloyd etc etc etc.
Yep not a one.

Sure. No hope for Princewell, Barney, Shavers, Benning, Bootle, Brix, Buford, Coleman, Evans, Hall, Hill, Kaelin, Lefotu, Leonhardt, Lloyd etc etc etc.
Yep not a one.
Remind me, how many of those guys listed were all Big Ten selections last year? I think Tommi Hill was honorable mention, that's about it. As for the new players you list, some of them might end up being good players at some point in the future, but how likely are they to be difference makers THIS year? I wasn't particularly impressed with what I saw in the Spring game.

The only guy on your list above who I think might potentially be an all-Big Ten caliber player this year is Coleman. I could see Coleman getting drafted someday just for his measurables alone. I wish we had more freakish athletes like him.

Remind me, how many of those guys listed were all Big Ten selections last year? I think Tommi Hill was honorable mention, that's about it. As for the new players you list, some of them might end up being good players at some point in the future, but how likely are they to be difference makers THIS year? I wasn't particularly impressed with what I saw in the Spring game.

The only guy on your list above who I think might potentially be an all-Big Ten caliber player this year is Coleman. I could see Coleman getting drafted someday just for his measurables alone. I wish we had more freakish athletes like him.
I will remind you that not one of these guys, and only half the true list, is more than a soph this year. Most are rs frosh.
But most contributed, some haven't and are coming in, like Nelson who I didn't name.
Another would be Pyle. There's plenty more, and each is capable, has shown that capacity in their short careers.
So sure, point to SF recruits and we will still see an uptick on guys playing on Sundays from his guys.
You said roster, they're there, just let Dylan point them out to you

Here is the 2023 composite list. We are 20th. The 2024 team will not be ranked until the rosters are finalized. We have brought in some significant upgrades I don't see where we will dip from there. Only 2 of the teams we play this year are ranked higher.

I guess I fail to see f so many teams beneath us are beating us than we have to start wondering if it is coaching and development. It has been for the last 10 years.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back