• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This says a lot

HUSKERINWYO

Recruit
10 Year Member
My wife grew up in Wyoming and always hated Nebraska because all she would hear about is how good they were and the fans were "fanatical". My mother in law was a high school volleyball coach and also hated Nebraska for the same reasons as my wife. These two absolutely look forward to watching the Lady Huskers on the volleyball court because of how well coached they are and how they play so well together. To me, this says a lot about that program when you can turn to lifelong anti Huskers into truly cheering for the Huskers and talking about how good this team is.

My wife grew up in Wyoming and always hated Nebraska because all she would hear about is how good they were and the fans were "fanatical". My mother in law was a high school volleyball coach and also hated Nebraska for the same reasons as my wife. These two absolutely look forward to watching the Lady Huskers on the volleyball court because of how well coached they are and how they play so well together. To me, this says a lot about that program when you can turn to lifelong anti Huskers into truly cheering for the Huskers and talking about how good this team is.

If ya can’t beat them, join them! :Cool::Biggrin:

Seriously though, cool little story, awful hard not to love these Husker gals!

It also speaks to possibly their growing up or sobering up.LOL.Good story HIW,thanks for sharing.

My wife and in-laws are similar. They lived in Longmont, CO for several years, and based on their interaction with Nebraska folks in the fall, they concluded that Nebraskans were obnoxious when it comes to sports.

I'm not real sure why my wife then married a dyed-in-the-wool Cornhusker. Over the years, they've grown to tolerate my obsession with all things Nebraska, and my wife even owns a Husker t-shirt or two. It never did come down to making me choose between Nebraska and them, but I would have gotten over missing them after awhile :Lol:.

:Huskerflag:

Red 'till dead!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back