• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This is on Scott Frost

Most good to great players don’t sit on the bench their entire careers in college.
Not anymore because many now transfer! My point is if a program is full of excellent QB's someone is going to be sitting on the bench. Look at transfers like Jalen Hurts to name one. Bottom line any program has a tough time stock piling good players now because those kids want to play not warm the bench. Rattler is still a darn good QB and he won't sit on the bench the next several years! Why would he when his replacement is a true freshman?

Last edited:
Competitors don't expect to sit on the sideline, they have an ego and think they can beat out anyone. That's part of the reason why Bama as 4 and 5 stars stacked on top of them. You would have thought that Alabama wouldn't have recruited a QB for 3 years after Tua took the Tide by storm. Funny how they keep churning them out.
Agree about true competitors but smart competitors take note of SF unwillingness to try anyone else when AM stinks. SF blind loyalty = Not giving backups a fair chance

No one should trust SF to do the right thing because he is skilled in doing the wrong thing

Not having a viable QB as backup

Did Oklahoma know they had a viable backup, or did they just give him a chance? I wonder how so many programs trot out a freshman that lights it up and we stick with a high talent guy with low output when it counts. Honestly, in the NW game the guy that seemed to want it the most in mop up time was Masker.

I was on a flight last night and the guy in the seat in front of me was watching moneyball. I wonder what the game analytics say about our key skill players.

My opinion - Frost scores practice performance too high without seeing how each player's practice translates to game. He values skill positions too high. He doesn't hold all skill players to the same level of accountability. He doesn't have depth in the trenches to hold them accountable. It's upside down...he doesn't go where the data tells him to go. Results -- weak OL, sticks with a high ceiling QB that makes awful mistakes in crunch time, ignores special teams and we get the 'stranger things' results we got the last several years. For us fans the best result is Trev somehow brings in a coach that can convince our skill players and best trench players to stay and turn them into a Pelini level team while he builds a National contender.

Meanwhile I hope Frost gets to go work on his personal life for a year and then into Saban's rehab U program until he can become a true top tier coach after being brought low and developing the humility he needs to get there.

There, that's what I think. Now go check out the joke posting, it's much more fun.

Pros find those players who develop and show promise. A 4 star would look at the lack of development of other good players who went to and stayed at NU under Frost, and make their decision based partially on that.

It's not just lack of playing time, although that is important, it's failure to get proper coaching during the formative colege years.

If as a recruit I see recruiting classes at NU ranked high yet the team having a lousy w/l record four years in a row, what does that say to me? It certainly does not say that the coaching staff is developing the skills that recruiting sites saw in them as high school players.

I'd certainly go elsewhere.

Did Oklahoma know they had a viable backup, or did they just give him a chance? I wonder how so many programs trot out a freshman that lights it up and we stick with a high talent guy with low output when it counts. Honestly, in the NW game the guy that seemed to want it the most in mop up time was Masker.

I was on a flight last night and the guy in the seat in front of me was watching moneyball. I wonder what the game analytics say about our key skill players.

My opinion - Frost scores practice performance too high without seeing how each player's practice translates to game. He values skill positions too high. He doesn't hold all skill players to the same level of accountability. He doesn't have depth in the trenches to hold them accountable. It's upside down...he doesn't go where the data tells him to go. Results -- weak OL, sticks with a high ceiling QB that makes awful mistakes in crunch time, ignores special teams and we get the 'stranger things' results we got the last several years. For us fans the best result is Trev somehow brings in a coach that can convince our skill players and best trench players to stay and turn them into a Pelini level team while he builds a National contender.

Meanwhile I hope Frost gets to go work on his personal life for a year and then into Saban's rehab U program until he can become a true top tier coach after being brought low and developing the humility he needs to get there.

There, that's what I think. Now go check out the joke posting, it's much more fun.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. And I mean that - I’m nowhere near as eloquent as you. Also, you’re spot on…

As a player, Frost lost badly at ASU, and was booed at home, before turning it around against Washington. I think his experiences lead him to protect young QBs who aren't 100% ready. He decided to start 2AM from the beginning, and they would grow the offense together. 2AM didn't turn out to be McKenzie Milton, but dammit, he just might the next game, or the next game, or the next game, ...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back