• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This is on Scott Frost

Did Oklahoma know they had a viable backup, or did they just give him a chance? I wonder how so many programs trot out a freshman that lights it up and we stick with a high talent guy with low output when it counts. Honestly, in the NW game the guy that seemed to want it the most in mop up time was Masker.

I was on a flight last night and the guy in the seat in front of me was watching moneyball. I wonder what the game analytics say about our key skill players.

My opinion - Frost scores practice performance too high without seeing how each player's practice translates to game. He values skill positions too high. He doesn't hold all skill players to the same level of accountability. He doesn't have depth in the trenches to hold them accountable. It's upside down...he doesn't go where the data tells him to go. Results -- weak OL, sticks with a high ceiling QB that makes awful mistakes in crunch time, ignores special teams and we get the 'stranger things' results we got the last several years. For us fans the best result is Trev somehow brings in a coach that can convince our skill players and best trench players to stay and turn them into a Pelini level team while he builds a National contender.

Meanwhile I hope Frost gets to go work on his personal life for a year and then into Saban's rehab U program until he can become a true top tier coach after being brought low and developing the humility he needs to get there.

There, that's what I think. Now go check out the joke posting, it's much more fun.
I’m sure Oklahoma knew exactly what they had in Williams. They saw it in practice. They didn’t know how he’d preform, but they knew what they had.

As a player, Frost lost badly at ASU, and was booed at home, before turning it around against Washington. I think his experiences lead him to protect young QBs who aren't 100% ready. He decided to start 2AM from the beginning, and they would grow the offense together. 2AM didn't turn out to be McKenzie Milton, but dammit, he just might the next game, or the next game, or the next game, ...
Have you watched the coastal Carolina quarterback? Quick release and doesn’t hold on to the ball long. He puts the ball in perfect position for his receivers to get YAC. He’s very similar to Milton. Yes I watch other quarterbacks and know which ones are good. Martinez isn’t that good.

Did Oklahoma know they had a viable backup, or did they just give him a chance? I wonder how so many programs trot out a freshman that lights it up and we stick with a high talent guy with low output when it counts. Honestly, in the NW game the guy that seemed to want it the most in mop up time was Masker.

I was on a flight last night and the guy in the seat in front of me was watching moneyball. I wonder what the game analytics say about our key skill players.

My opinion - Frost scores practice performance too high without seeing how each player's practice translates to game. He values skill positions too high. He doesn't hold all skill players to the same level of accountability. He doesn't have depth in the trenches to hold them accountable. It's upside down...he doesn't go where the data tells him to go. Results -- weak OL, sticks with a high ceiling QB that makes awful mistakes in crunch time, ignores special teams and we get the 'stranger things' results we got the last several years. For us fans the best result is Trev somehow brings in a coach that can convince our skill players and best trench players to stay and turn them into a Pelini level team while he builds a National contender.

Meanwhile I hope Frost gets to go work on his personal life for a year and then into Saban's rehab U program until he can become a true top tier coach after being brought low and developing the humility he needs to get there.

There, that's what I think. Now go check out the joke posting, it's much more fun.

Great point. How does such a coaching guru miss a QB like that sitting on the bench?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back