• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This is getting silly

I don't by that. We are just as successful as Michigan, yet, we are being snubbed. I am tired of hearing such things as: win the big10 or keep winning. BS! :(
B1G Nothing CB, we continue to win, we get to where we need to be. I can't recall the team at the moment, but I seem to recall a #75(Maybe..something like that) ranked team won it all a handful of years back.

Baseball rankings aren't as big of a deal as basketball or football are. We got 'em right where we want 'em. ;)

Last edited:
The tweet has many holes, but your opinion is noted.
lol, does it? Name some of those holes, if you would please.

I don't care who you are, you can not get a good evaluation of how a team plays, or how good a team really is, when that team only plays certain teams, teams that no other conference can play.. you have zero point of reference. We have a good chance of winning the Big 10, and that in itself is a really good thing, but no point of reference to how good our team really is. That isn't a knock on NU, it is a fact!

You can't rank the conference, you can't rank the teams in each conference. In the Big10's case, the RPI is useless.

I blame the heads of the big that decided we can't play OOC games.

Let's look at the teams in the Big10.. ok that didn't copy over very well.. so here is that link.

4 teams out of 13 that are over .550 winning percentage. 4 teams.

Nebraska 18-6 .750 18-6 .750W4
Michigan 17-6 .739 17-6 .739W5
Indiana 15-8 .652 15-8 .652W1
Iowa 15-10 .600 15-10 .600L1
Maryland 13-12 .520 13-12 .520W3
Ohio State 13-12 .520 13-12 .520L5
Northwestern 12-12 .500 12-12 .500L1
Rutgers 12-12 .500 12-12 .500W1
Illinois 10-14 .417 10-14 .417L2
Michigan State 10-14 .417 10-14 .417L5
Purdue 10-15 .400 10-15 .400W5
Penn State 8-16 .333 8-16 .333L4
Minnesota 4-20 .167 4-20 .167L7

Last edited:

Posting the link to the latest RPI. Nebraska is 47th and Michigan is in the 60's. Farfield number #1??

There are three MAAC schools ahead of Nebraska with just around .500 records. Weird.

lol, does it? Name some of those holes, if you would please.

I don't care who you are, you can not get a good evaluation of how a team plays, or how good a team really is, when that team only plays certain teams, teams that no other conference can play.. you have zero point of reference. We have a good chance of winning the Big 10, and that in itself is a really good thing, but no point of reference to how good our team really is. That isn't a knock on NU, it is a fact!

You can't rank the conference, you can't rank the teams in each conference. In the Big10's case, the RPI is useless.

I blame the heads of the big that decided we can't play OOC games.

Let's look at the teams in the Big10.. ok that didn't copy over very well.. so here is that link.

4 teams out of 13 that are over .550 winning percentage. 4 teams.

Nebraska 18-6 .750 18-6 .750W4
Michigan 17-6 .739 17-6 .739W5
Indiana 15-8 .652 15-8 .652W1
Iowa 15-10 .600 15-10 .600L1
Maryland 13-12 .520 13-12 .520W3
Ohio State 13-12 .520 13-12 .520L5
Northwestern 12-12 .500 12-12 .500L1
Rutgers 12-12 .500 12-12 .500W1
Illinois 10-14 .417 10-14 .417L2
Michigan State 10-14 .417 10-14 .417L5
Purdue 10-15 .400 10-15 .400W5
Penn State 8-16 .333 8-16 .333L4
Minnesota 4-20 .167 4-20 .167L7

lol, yes it does. One doesn't need to name any of them as it's a worthless debate to have. Your arbitrary cutoff at the end is proof. Numbers are easy to manipulate, especially a .550 number when a .520 team is still in the discussion to make the post-season.

Pre-season rankings are exactly what you argue against. No measurement, it's all a paper evaluation. Except, it does allow a team more wiggle room. See Indiana for weeks, and an argument can be made for Michigan as well. After that, check the coaches poll from last week to this week. Nebraska lost votes, after a sweep. Too funny.

For as much as D1 baseball covers the sport, with guys in the north covering the B1G specifically, it's not much to ask them for an eyeball test. That is, for those who believe rankings have any merit. I'm not one of those people though. Kendall and his crew are struggling with a team they predicted would finish 8th but are currently leading the conference after the midway point. They knew the B1G was playing conference only.

But now, just after the midway point, it's used against Nebraska? lol.

lol, yes it does. One doesn't need to name any of them as it's a worthless debate to have. Your arbitrary cutoff at the end is proof. Numbers are easy to manipulate, especially a .550 number when a .520 team is still in the discussion to make the post-season.

Pre-season rankings are exactly what you argue against. No measurement, it's all a paper evaluation. Except, it does allow a team more wiggle room. See Indiana for weeks, and an argument can be made for Michigan as well. After that, check the coaches poll from last week to this week. Nebraska lost votes, after a sweep. Too funny.

For as much as D1 baseball covers the sport, with guys in the north covering the B1G specifically, it's not much to ask them for an eyeball test. That is, for those who believe rankings have any merit. I'm not one of those people though. Kendall and his crew are struggling with a team they predicted would finish 8th but are currently leading the conference after the midway point. They knew the B1G was playing conference only.

But now, just after the midway point, it's used against Nebraska? lol.

so, you claim many wholes, but decline to name them.. gotcha. My "arbitrary" cutoff? You do realize a team that is one game over .500 is not considered a good team, right? Well, at least not by most level headed individuals. How many of this types of teams have made it past the first or second round of a regional? If they are good teams, you should see plenty, right?

My goodness some of you are going over the top try and make this conference better than it is.

so, you claim many wholes, but decline to name them.. gotcha. My "arbitrary" cutoff? You do realize a team that is one game over .500 is not considered a good team, right? Well, at least not by most level headed individuals. How many of this types of teams have made it past the first or second round of a regional? If they are good teams, you should see plenty, right?

My goodness some of you are going over the top try and make this conference better than it is.

Except I did, but you're not interested in it. Yes, your arbitrary cutoff. Ohio State, who is under your .550 number, is projected, and/or in discussions, as the 4th B1G team in the tournament. According to you, they're not good enough. But good enough to make the field, according to others. "lol"

I'm not making the B1G anything more than it is, a 4 bid league as it has shown the last several years. You can continue pissing on the conference, that's your choice. I'll continue to sit back, enjoy the season & laugh at those like you.

Last edited:

Regardless of the top 25, Nebraska is in the postseason if the season ended today.

Michigan being ranked while Nebraska isn't is largely due to the fact that the last full season played (2019), Michigan was the national runner-up. Otherwise, Nebraska is currently 18-6 and Michigan is 18-7 -- no significant difference there. And fortunately, the two will play each other at the end of the regular season, so we'll have a chance to prove we are more worthy of being top 25 than Michigan. We also haven't yet played the team behind Michigan in the standings -- Indiana. So we've got our opportunities ahead of us.

I do think the Big Ten is hurt by not having played any non-conference opponents -- and historically, the Big Ten is no better than a second-tier baseball conference, so it's difficult to say how Big Ten teams stack up against the big boy conference teams when we haven't played any. Teams like Arkansas (30-6) have played a regular schedule, so there's simply more data points for them in computer polls.

I do think the ELO rankings are more worthy than the RPI (if you had to pick one, I'm guessing the baseball committee looks at both among other variables).

In the ELO rankings, Fairfield is #67 (quite different than their RPI of #1). Arkansas is #1 in the ELO -- and considering they have solid non-conference wins over Texas, Texas Tech, and TCU -- that helps their case.

Nebraska is #41 in the ELO, which is reasonable at this point (and better than the #47 RPI) -- and again, we'll have a chance to boost our stock later in the season. To date, I'd say our best showing is a 3-2 record against Iowa. While good, Iowa is probably a bubble team for the playoffs as of today (they are #64 in ELO).

Last edited:
B1G Nothing CB, we continue to win, we get to where we need to be. I can't recall the team at the moment, but I seem to recall a #75(Maybe..something like that) ranked team won it all a handful of years back.

Baseball rankings aren't as big of a deal as basketball or football are. We got 'em right where we want 'em. ;)
Of course if we continue to win
that's not what I am saying
you know what I am saying
Why do you defend the naysayers??

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back