• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This is cool!

Red_in_Blue_Land

Oh my!
10 Year Member
A sharp-shooting Army veteran is being hailed a hero for saving a bald eagle that had gotten tangled in rope 75 feet up a tree.

Jason Galvin used a .22-caliber rifle to fire 150 shots at the rope and branches surrounding the feathered creature — America’s national bird — after spotting it dangling upside down close to his family’s cabin near Rush City, Minnesota, on Thursday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/veteran-rescues-eagle-minnesota_us_5778bff8e4b0a629c1aa5a29

Pretty cool. But, sharp shooter? 90 minutes and 150+ shots? I dunno that it qualifies as sharp shooting. All the movies I've seen the good guy gets that eagle down in no more than 4 shots. 5 tops.

It is a great story, but it reminds me of one 4th of July when I was a kid and the frisbee got stuck in that crappy purple ash tree in the back yard. My dad and three of his well lubricated Air Force buddies spent the next two hours throwing shoes, empty beer bottles and eventually a football to get that thing down. I hope the sharp shooter wasn't too well lubricated....

Saved: One Bald Eagle
KIA: 8 beers, 32 sparrows, 2 light aircraft and 17 deciduous fir trees.

RIP

Video footage of man saving Eagle:

predator-shootout-o.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back