• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This is as bad as anything I’ve seen in football

Here it is. This isn't the part I had seen though. Here he also reads the rule/penalty for swinging your helmet at a player. It's 15 yards and ejection.

Well, if that's all it is, get your 53rd man on the roster to rip the opposing QB helmet off, crack his skull open, and take the 15 yards and ejection. Let's do a football version of Rollerball.

I would not prosecute a MMA fighter for what is normal in the cage but I can think of several instances during MMA when it could easily be justified to prosecute an MMA fighter for something way out of the ordinary. Continuing with a submission hold after someone taps out to cause a serious injury, attacking an already unconscious fighter, or getting a weapon of some sort and returning to the ring. The day could come where a fighter loses it and delivers one more blow on someone who is obviously already knocked out and it could kill them. This is pretty extreme but I would see no choice but to prosecute that.

The hit taking Rudolph to the ground is something you see every Sunday in the NFL. The little scuffle between the two on the ground is again, very common. But swinging a helmet and hitting someone on the head that isnt wearing one is way way out of line and crosses every line there is. A 280 lb world class athlete swinging a football helmet and and unprotected head is something that could result in a life threatening injury and it should be treated as such. I realize that much of football is risking life threatening injury and the players on the field accept that but what happened last night was the most reckless attempt to do serious injury to someone I have ever seen on the field.
Very good points.

Rudolph started it, then kept it going. What Miles did was abhorrent,. He deserves what he gets.

But watching Rudolph at the podium after the game had me wanting to hit him in the head with a helmet.
I think he was a little pissed that he was tackled as hard as he was given the situation of the game. Just a guess. His trying to get Garrett off of him didn’t warrant having his helmet ripped off of him, and then beaten by it. The dude was drug to his feet by his face mask. At that point, any human is gonna be pissed off.

I think he was a little pissed that he was tackled as hard as he was given the situation of the game. Just a guess. His trying to get Garrett off of him didn’t warrant having his helmet ripped off of him, and then beaten by it. The dude was drug to his feet by his face mask. At that point, any human is gonna be pissed off.
I think we saw the same th thing, just from different angles.

Myles deserves what he gets. Rudolph is not innocent in this.

Blame the victim. As Stephen Smith said in the ESPN video, basically this had been building up during the whole game, not just on the last play. What Rudolph did was wrong but he didn't nearly crack someone's skull open. IMO, those talking heads are helping the NFL with damage control by trying to deflect the violence Garrett inflicted on Rudolph. If it were up to me, Garrett would be out of a job.

No one including the talking heads have said garrett shouldn't get the largest and longest suspension. They just want to point out all the facts and have EVERYONE be held accountable for what they did.

I think we saw the same th thing, just from different angles.

Myles deserves what he gets. Rudolph is not innocent in this.
I’m not saying he is innocent, but what he did was minuscule. Certainly not worthy of a suspension, or to be basically pulled to his feet by his face mask (his head). Then get his helmet ripped off and beaten with it. Garrett lost his damn mind. He could face legal issues possibly. I mean, I couldn’t grab an office object and hit a co worker over the head with it without legal issues id guess.

I’m not saying he is innocent, but what he did was minuscule. Certainly not worthy of a suspension, or to be basically pulled to his feet by his face mask (his head). Then get his helmet ripped off and beaten with it. Garrett lost his damn mind. He could face legal issues possibly. I mean, I couldn’t grab an office object and hit a co worker over the head with it without legal issues id guess.
Your office sounds boring.

Blame the victim. As Stephen Smith said in the ESPN video, basically this had been building up during the whole game, not just on the last play. What Rudolph did was wrong but he didn't nearly crack someone's skull open. IMO, those talking heads are helping the NFL with damage control by trying to deflect the violence Garrett inflicted on Rudolph. If it were up to me, Garrett would be out of a job.

I get your point, I just think that when Pittsburgh had 2 lineman holding Myles if Rudolph just would have walked away instead of going towards him there would have been no issue, doesn't justify the helmet swing by any means.

No one including the talking heads have said garrett shouldn't get the largest and longest suspension. They just want to point out all the facts and have EVERYONE be held accountable for what they did.
Everyone should be held accountable, I totally agree with that. When you look at the separate actions what Rudolph did is a 15 yard penalty. What Garrett did is 6-10 with the possibility of parole in 4 in most states.

This article blames the coach,

So like I said this could go on for ever, I think I will go back to worrying about Nebraska and move on from the NFL.

1. Garrett late hit on Rudolph
2. Rudolph tries to take Garrett's helmet off, obviously frustrated with his abysmal play throughout that game
3. Garrett hits Rudolph in the head with his own helmet

Even with the scruff on the ground, there is absolutely no reason to swing a helmet at a player, especially a players head, and especially a players head that DOESN'T HAVE A HELMET ON.

Garrett got suspended for the rest of the season and the playoffs should they make it, and I hope charges are filed.

I’m not saying he is innocent, but what he did was minuscule. Certainly not worthy of a suspension, or to be basically pulled to his feet by his face mask (his head). Then get his helmet ripped off and beaten with it.

I'd say he deserved his helmet ripped off. After all...that's what he tried to do to garret first. Not garrett's fault he was able to do what Rudolph couldn't. Sort of like if a guy takes a swing at you and missed...then get punched in the face by that same guy. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back