• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This is as bad as anything I’ve seen in football

I'm so glad you posted this as I made a big deal when it happened and my wife had a hard time understanding just how wrong this was. When Garrett grabbed his helmet and used it as a weapon I came unglued.... get that THUG off the field and into court.

I don't know what was going on at the start of the scrum when Rudolph and Garrett were on the ground, but Rudolph appeared to have tried to get Garrett's helmet off. That isn't an excuse for what happened next, but something else was going on before they got off the ground. Garrett obviously snapped, should be suspended for the remainder of the year.....at least.

Watching the videos Rudolph tries to take Garretts helmet off when they were on the ground. So Garrett took Rudolphs dont start nothing wont be nothing on Rudolphs part. It almost looks like when Garrett starts swinging the helmet it is because he is about to get his rear kick by the others and Rudolph was coming also and got smacked. When the others interviened and were hitting and kicking Garrett that's not right either. Doesn't make it right by any means but I can see both sides. All involved need some type of disciplinary action taken.

Still makes me sick grown men getting paid a crap ton acting like idiots

Last edited:
Garrett should've been arrested immediately. The laws of this nation don't stop where the gridiron begins. If a fan did that to another fan, they'd be arrested and charged with assault before you could blink. He should also be banned from the league for life. Rudolph could've been paralyzed or killed.

There are some instances where on field/ice issues result in off field/ice penalties.

Granted it's hockey but I would think the same principles apply unless the NFL has a much more strict CBA.

I'm so glad you posted this as I made a big deal when it happened and my wife had a hard time understanding just how wrong this was. When Garrett grabbed his helmet and used it as a weapon I came unglued.... get that THUG off the field and into court.
I mean, it really almost could be assault with a deadly weapon per se. I mean wow, that was crazy. It will be interesting to see what comes of this. I think minimum Garrett is done for the season. Minimum.

I am not defending Garrett whatsoever but Rudolph could have diffused the matter at several different opportunities. Once they got off the ground ... just back away and let your linemen handled him. He tried taking Garrett's helmet off when on the ground.

His actions prompted Garrett to jump off the deep end. Again not excusing Garrett's action whatsoever. In addition he started all of this with the way he hit/landed on Rudolph.

Watching the videos Rudolph tries to take Garretts helmet off when they were on the ground. So Garrett took Rudolphs dont start nothing wont be nothing on Rudolphs part. It almost looks like when Garrett starts swinging the helmet it is because he is about to get his rear kick by the others and Rudolph was coming also and got smacked. When the others interviened and were hitting and kicking Garrett that's not right either. Doesn't make it right by any means but I can see both sides. All involved need some type of disciplinary action taken.

Still makes me sick grown men getting paid a crap ton acting like idiots
the qb was getting chippy but Garrett was starting it. Regardless, once the helmet is off you chill.

to the bold...not only should Pouncy not be disciplined he should get offensive player of the week. If I were Tomlin I would get some mileage out of Pouncey's reaction in the locker room.

Last edited:
There are some instances where on field/ice issues result in off field/ice penalties.

Granted it's hockey but I would think the same principles apply unless the NFL has a much more strict CBA.

I’m good with letting the league(s) handle these things. If they feel criminal charges should be filed, they should contact authorities.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back