• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This feels gooood

1669457483881.png

It was a feel good win. I do wish we as a fan base didn’t ride so high on wins and low on losses but I’m all for celebrating.

It was a feel good win. I do wish we as a fan base didn’t ride so high on wins and low on losses but I’m all for celebrating.
All you have do is look at this board. A win and there is barely any threads about it. A loss and there would be 10 new threads about how bad we suck.

All you have do is look at this board. A win and there is barely any threads about it. A loss and there would be 10 new threads about how bad we suck.
Actually that hasn’t been true the last couple of weeks. Or at least as true. The board has been dead after the games regarding the actual game. Only arguments of Mickey or not Mickey.

And I wouldn’t expect too many today either as most of us are putting the season behind us and starting the banter on Rhule.

I am seriously pumped for next year!! Maybe we get that monkey off our backs
I have been ever since the SF firing. I’ve always believed we have quite a bit of talent on this team. SF just had them that screwed up. MJ and Busch changes…..along with the rest of the assistants have helped bring some of that talent out.

In saying that I’m still of firm belief we need an experienced program leader. Even yesterday we tried to let the wheels fall off in the second half and did so against a bad Iowa football team playing their 2nd string Quarterback.

So that means you don’t like to discuss wins just losses.
No, but after a loss people generally have stronger opinions about what went wrong, who screwed up, how bad the officials were, what needs to be fixed, who they think should be fired, etc., and everyone varies regarding those things so you end up with half a dozen threads, each aimed at a different aspect of the preceding failure.

After a win, people are generally less argumentative and less opinionated which keeps the thread counts lower. In this particular instance, husker fans are happy about the W but aren't going to go nuts celebrating because, let's face it, this was still a really ugly season. If that had been NU's 7 or 8th W of the year and there was a bowl game to look forward to, you'd certainly see more threads about it. Finally, Husker fans are really focused on who the next HC is going to be and what the big picture looks like, rather than winning one game that really doesn't make a difference in the long term trajectory of the program.

No, but after a loss people generally have stronger opinions about what went wrong, who screwed up, how bad the officials were, what needs to be fixed, who they think should be fired, etc., and everyone varies regarding those things so you end up with half a dozen threads, each aimed at a different aspect of the preceding failure.

After a win, people are generally less argumentative and less opinionated which keeps the thread counts lower. In this particular instance, husker fans are happy about the W but aren't going to go nuts celebrating because, let's face it, this was still a really ugly season. If that had been NU's 7 or 8th W of the year and there was a bowl game to look forward to, you'd certainly see more threads about it. Finally, Husker fans are really focused on who the next HC is going to be and what the big picture looks like, rather than winning one game that really doesn't make a difference in the long term trajectory of the program.
Pretty much nailed it.

Last edited:
I thank Mickey and Trev for 3 more wins this year than we would have had with the previous turd. If Mickey was the HC last July we’d be looking forward to going to a bowl game.

It does indeed feel good to beat somebody, no matter how pathetic they are or how ugly the game.

I don't know that Purdue will be much better, but that Iowa team had no business getting anywhere near the game to prove the champion of the conference. I doubt they're as good as Maryland.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back