• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Theoretical question....

dparks

Varsity
20 Year Member
....if QB A, B, or C (not counting Smothers or Bunch in this equation for obvious reasons) is NOT named the QB starter, either after Spring FB or before 1st game, who, if anyone, transfers out?

I don’t think any of them transfer out this year. If anything, I could see AM transferring out the season after if he lost the job. I just don’t see McCaffrey transferring - not even a thought in my mind (plus I think he wins the job). Vedral won’t go anywhere.
I disagree on the bolded above. If AM loses the QB battle, IF HE WAS TO TRANSFER, I would expect it to be before the season begins to use the mandatory sit out year (if that is even a reality anymore) as his redshirt year. Wouldn't make sense to get, barring injury to the starter, the amount of playing time McCaffrey and Vedral got this year and then transfer and waste that RS year. He would probably go a Gebbia thing and just leave.

I don’t think any of them transfer out this year. If anything, I could see AM transferring out the season after if he lost the job. I just don’t see McCaffrey transferring - not even a thought in my mind (plus I think he wins the job). Vedral won’t go anywhere.
Spot on. Only see Martinez getting upset and leaving. The other two knew what they were getting into when the commited

....if QB A, B, or C (not counting Smothers or Bunch in this equation for obvious reasons) is NOT named the QB starter, either after Spring FB or before 1st game, who, if anyone, transfers out?

I suspect Martinez would leave as soon as he knew he wasn't the starter. I think Vedral is all Husker and has no intention of going anywhere. McCaffrey knew what he unlikely to be the starter before his third year and will have an open avenue to starting for at least two years. I just hope it's a true open competition. Let the best man win. It seems odd to bench a returning starter but Dabo did it with Trevor Lawrence and Saban did it with Tua. If LM is the better player, he needs to play.

I suspect Martinez would leave as soon as he knew he wasn't the starter. I think Vedral is all Husker and has no intention of going anywhere. McCaffrey knew what he unlikely to be the starter before his third year and will have an open avenue to starting for at least two years. I just hope it's a true open competition. Let the best man win. It seems odd to bench a returning starter but Dabo did it with Trevor Lawrence and Saban did it with Tua. If LM is the better player, he needs to play.

It should be easier for Frost than those two - it's not as if Adrian Martinez has been leading the team to 8 or 9 win seasons (much less to the national championship). This team isn't equipped for a gun shy QB with serious mental errors and the turnover bug.

Last edited:
I disagree on the bolded above. If AM loses the QB battle, IF HE WAS TO TRANSFER, I would expect it to be before the season begins to use the mandatory sit out year (if that is even a reality anymore) as his redshirt year. Wouldn't make sense to get, barring injury to the starter, the amount of playing time McCaffrey and Vedral got this year and then transfer and waste that RS year. He would probably go a Gebbia thing and just leave.

My feeling was that he's quite fond of Scott Frost and would probably stick a year out. Maybe he earns the job back w/ Luke struggling or injury. I'm not sure he would pull the pin as soon as he wasn't QB1 for a day.

Last edited:

I just have funny feeling Adrian Martinez will not be here next year. Whether he is homesick or whatever the problem is, he just isn't comfortable here

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back