• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The Way way too early predictions for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheBallGuy

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Well since it is the offseaon it it time to start thinking about next year. We will get little treats on Jan 2 and the Spring Game but for the most part we have next season to look forward to.

I want everyones way way too early prediction for next year.

09/01 Southern Miss Lincoln Win
09/08 UCLA Pasadena Win
09/15 Arkansas State Lincoln Win
09/22 FCS Team Lincoln Win
09/29 #Wisconsin Lincoln Win
10/06 #Ohio State Columbus Loss
10/13 10/20 #Northwestern Evanston Win
10/27 #Michigan Lincoln Loss
11/03 #Michigan St. E. Lansing Loss
11/10 #Penn State Lincoln Win
11/17 #Minnesota Lincoln Win
11/23 #Iowa Iowa City Win

I see 9-3 with a tie for second place in the division. I also see Michigan playing Ohio State in the championship game.

Last edited:

If the defense bounces back to more of what we expect we should win out with a possible loss at Ohio State. We will probably lose another game as well and it will likely be one we should have won(like Northwestern).

If our defense is average again, then every game will be an adventure in conference.

Last edited:
09/08 Ucla Pasadena Win
09/15 Arkansas State Win
09/22 FAU Lincoln Win
09/29 Wisconsin Lincoln Win
10/06 Ohio State Columbus Loss
10/13 Bye Lincoln Win
10/20 Northwestern Evanston Win
10/27 Michigan Lincoln Win
11/03 Michigan State East Lansing Win
11/10 Penn State Lincoln Win
11/17 Minnesota Lincoln Win
11/23 Iowa Iowa City Win

Nebraska finishes 11-1, wins the Legends Division and beats Ohio State in the championship game.

Nebraska and Ohio State meet in a rubber match at the BCS Bowl Championship game and Nebraska wins it's sixth national title. AP selects Baylor as it's national champion and RGIII wins his second Heisman.

Last edited:

Well since it is the offseaon it it time to start thinking about next year. We will get little treats on Jan 2 and the Spring Game but for the most part we have next season to look forward to.

09/08 UCLA Pasadena Win

I see 9-3 with a tie for second place in the division. I also see Michigan playing Ohio State in the championship game.

Agreed on all except Michigan...I think we will beat them like a drum next year. The game this year was more a result of our poor play than Michigan's great play. Plus, I think we'll do well against Michigan St. Game @ Iowa concerns me a little.

Last edited:
My fearless prediction is that they will defend a mobile QB and crossing routes better, and they will still drop a ton of passes.

My fearless prediction is that they will defend a mobile QB and crossing routes better, and they will still drop a ton of passes.

That is a pretty bold prediction.

I think a more measured one would be that we learn how to minimize the damage a mobile QB can do to us.

09/08 UCLA Pasadena Win

FCS is tough.
I think we beat MSU. OSU in Columbus is going to be a tough one.

09/08
UCLA Pasadena Win
10/27 #Michigan Lincoln Win
11/03 #Michigan St. E. Lansing Win
11/10 #Penn State Lincoln Loss

10-2 with losses to OSU in Columbus and Penn State at home.

You must predict 14-0 record....

or some posters will accuse you of not being a solid NU fan.

Who knows? The opener will be a doozy for one thing and going to LA to play the Bruins...if they land a good coach won't be easy either......heck I could see anywhere from 9-3 to 12-0 in the regular season....

Depends really on how certain players step it up next season....the potential is there....but will it translate to the field?....the first two games against So. Miss and UCLA will tell us allot....

Last edited:
Without our offensive getting a lot more consistent and some young defensive players stepping up, I see us struggling to even match this seasons 9-3 record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back