• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The vocal minority…….

Redone21

Recruit
5 Year Member
are really dropping a Cleveland steamer on the whole most knowledgeable fan base premise. The level of ignorance on the message boards and twitter is embarrassing. Typing with one hand could get frustrating though. Having to choose between cleaning cheetoh dust or lotion from your keyboard would cause some angst.

Last edited:

are really dropping a Cleveland steamer on the whole most knowledgeable fan base premise. The level of ignorance on the message boards and twitter is embarrassing. Typing with one hand could get frustrating though. Having to choose between cleaning cheetoh dust or lotion from your keyboard would cause some angst.
Very true. And it's all a one trick over and over.

Meh; it has happened with each change

The anti-Pelini folks were loud;

Then they became they anti-Riley folks saying the same thing the anti-Pelini folks said (which was hilarious)

Then we all loved Frost; some folks saw Frost for who he was earlier than others (and got crapped on for it); and eventually when Frost crumbled, many folks said that they had been with those early folks all along; the important thing is that we got rid of frost

I suppose there are anti-Rhule folks that are hung on MJ or even, secretly in dark rooms, still pro-frost

Win some football games and it all goes away

Then they became they anti-Riley folks saying the same thing the anti-Pelini folks said (which was hilarious)

Then we all loved Frost; some folks saw Frost for who he was earlier than others (and got crapped on for it); and eventually when Frost crumbled, many folks said that they had been with those early folks all along; the important thing is that we got rid of frost

I suppose there are anti-Rhule folks that are hung on MJ or even, secretly in dark rooms, still pro-frost

Idk I feel like some will be grappling with this for a long time even if Rhule wins a bunch of games

Wow how truthful and observant is this. :). It will be interesting to again watch the change on HMAX. It’s always had a strong culture of positive first…..even if the truth had to be covered up…..in place of koolaid. It will probably continue with different personal on differing sides.

Without anyone trying, the length and scope of this hire and the inclusion of an interim coach as a candidate has created some division. Not sure this hire will quickly overcome that. I think it’s a great hire so hopefully some great assistants can get the koolaid flowing.

I think our fan base has gotten to the point where no matter who we hired, there will be a vocal minority. Probably a more significant minority with each passing coaching failure.

My personal opinion is no matter who Nebraska would have hired; we should automatically get behind the new coach to start. I've always believed this and always will.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back