• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Strange Brain of the World’s Greatest Solo Climber

HUSKER HOT SAUCE

Be Yourself - Everyone Else Is Already Taken
10 Year Member
I almost posted this in other sports..... either way, it's a fantastic, very interesting read. I know that I'd never be able to do this, I'm afraid of heights and yet I've made myself climb up some crags, but nothing like this. I figure that about around 10 of ya will enjoy reading this.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...reatest-solo-climber?utm_source=pocket-newtab

The movie "Free Solo" about Hunnold free soloing El Capitan is fantastic. As the article proves he is on a different planet mentally.

I would watch "Dawn Wall" first though, which is about Tommy Caldwell free climbing El Capitan. This movie helps with perspective of what Hunnold accomplished.

Both films are well done and focused on the task without boring the viewer.

The movie "Free Solo" about Hunnold free soloing El Capitan is fantastic. As the article proves he is on a different planet mentally.

I would watch "Dawn Wall" first though, which is about Tommy Caldwell free climbing El Capitan. This movie helps with perspective of what Hunnold accomplished.

Both films are well done and focused on the task without boring the viewer.

Add Valley Uprising to the list. It goes back to the very beginning of the Yosemite climbing story.
Honnold shows up at the end

Also check out Meru if you're into climbing movies. It was made by Jimmy Chin who filmed Free Solo

And I'm sure most have already seen it but if you enjoy movies about people suffering thru crazy adventures check out The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young

Add Valley Uprising to the list. It goes back to the very beginning of the Yosemite climbing story.
Honnold shows up at the end

Also check out Meru if you're into climbing movies. It was made by Jimmy Chin who filmed Free Solo

And I'm sure most have already seen it but if you enjoy movies about people suffering thru crazy adventures check out The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young
Valley Uprising was a great movie. That put a lot of the names I’ve read over the years in perspective. I have started Meru a couple times but never finished. Thanks for the tip on the suffering cinema. If you watch those movies twice it’s like two’a days.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back