• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The sky isn’t falling

Aging changes wine, but does not categorically improve it or worsen it. Fruitness deteriorates rapidly, decreasing markedly after only 6 months in the bottle.

Can see a marked difference between a 1 to 5 year old Bordeaux and a 20 to 25 year old one. You don't make a bad wine good by letting it age, but there are clearly wines that should not be drunk while young.

What perfect storm did Colorado get? They made adjustments at halftime and simply outplayed us in the second half. We didn't have any significant injuries. No one ejected. No weather condition change. Nothing.........

The excuses have to stop..... The Buff coaching staff out coached the Husker coaching staff. The Buff players out played the Husker players......... There was no "perfect storm".......
Can you explain in detail the adjustments they made at halftime?

Can you explain in detail the adjustments they made at halftime?
Why......You didn't see the game?

You want me to believe that they continued to do EXACTLY the same thing they were doing from the opening kickoff, in the second half and what..............Nebraska just decided they didn't want to score anymore........

You want me to believe that they continued to do EXACTLY the same thing they were doing from the opening kickoff, in the second half and what..............Nebraska just decided they didn't want to score anymore........
The Colorado coaches have received way too much credit for their "halftime adjustments." Yes, they did some relatively minor things differently, but it literally was junior high level stuff, such as twisting D-line stunts, faking a blitz with 7 defenders on the line, etc.

Our O-line couldn't handle it. Make of that what you will, but it's ridiculous to go all ga-ga over the superior wisdom of the Colorado coaching staff.

They didn’t pull magic rabbits out of their hats, and most who know sports, also recognize momentum isn’t something that you can change by flipping a switch.

They didn’t pull magic rabbits out of their hats, and most who know sports, also recognize momentum isn’t something that you can change by flipping a switch.
This times infinity. Often the teams on the wrong side of Mo start to press to try and get Mo back which leads to mistakes.

Cute, so now I don't know sports because you disagree with my assessment..... Get out your emotions baby girl.

Talking about momentum as if that is the only thing that was different in the second half is laughable. I guess the Buff coach told them at half time...... "All we got to do is change the momentum"..........

Good job buddy...... thanks for setting me straight.....lol.

Last edited:
The Colorado coaches have received way too much credit for their "halftime adjustments." Yes, they did some relatively minor things differently, but it literally was junior high level stuff, such as twisting D-line stunts, faking a blitz with 7 defenders on the line, etc.

Our O-line couldn't handle it. Make of that what you will, but it's ridiculous to go all ga-ga over the superior wisdom of the Colorado coaching staff.
Superior wisdom.......I never claim that. I simply said they made some adjustments and just out played our boys......

You pointing out that it was "junior high level stuff"........what does that say about our staff that such a minor adjustment can be made and they not respond. Everyone has been so high on how much better this staff is vs the last 2 or 3 staffs we have had on the sideline.

Superior wisdom.......I never claim that. I simply said they made some adjustments and just out played our boys......

You pointing out that it was "junior high level stuff"........what does that say about our staff that such a minor adjustment can be made and they not respond. Everyone has been so high on how much better this staff is vs the last 2 or 3 staffs we have had on the sideline.

I was thinking the same thing. What he just said makes SF, staff, and players look worse. Losing a 17 point halftime lead and the game due to junior high level adjustments., ouch.

C

Cute, so now I don't know sports because you disagree with my assessment..... Get out your emotions baby girl.

Talking about momentum as if that is the only thing that was different in the second half is laughable. I guess the Buff coach told them at half time...... "All we got to do is change the momentum"..........

Good job buddy...... thanks for setting me straight.....lol.

3675F6A7-3DEC-47C0-A20C-8B9FF6D6F298.jpeg

This is the difference between people who are respected, and those we openly laugh about during conversations.

There are plenty of posters who really know their stuff when it comes to football, but they gracefully admit they aren’t big on baseball or basketball. They’re the guys I read and listen to. I learn from them, and I admire that they freely admit their expertise is limited to certain topics. Those guys made it pretty clear there wasn’t a great deal of change, so ya, you don’t know what you are talking about.

Additionally, if we want to share our thoughts honestly, there really isn’t a topic that you do give meaningful contributions to. At least beyond padding a post count that I’m sure gives you a reason to get out of bed in the morning. But by all means, keep bangin’ that keyboard, because I’m sure it’s probably a bright spot in your life. Ignorance truly is bliss.

You pointing out that it was "junior high level stuff"........what does that say about our staff that such a minor adjustment can be made and they not respond.
This is actually a better question. This is what concerns me more.

Did you play football? If so, at what level did you see D-linemen do twists? At what level did you see defenses roll up LBs who fake blitzing before dropping into coverage? It literally, truly, authentically was junior high level stuff. That's why I said to "make of that what you will."

Did you play football? If so, at what level did you see D-linemen do twists? At what level did you see defenses roll up LBs who fake blitzing before dropping into coverage? It literally, truly, authentically was junior high level stuff. That's why I said to "make of that what you will."

You are correct. Some of the details within the game I wasn't able to recognize until high school which prepared me for college (Baylor). And with you pointing to those small details, it makes one wonder, even just a little, how is it that a staff that's getting paid 100s of thousands to millions a dollars aren't able to counter those adjustments. I was really puzzled with the second half of the CU game

Too funny...but true. Funny because I was just having a conversation with a buddy I coached with several years ago. He is coaching youth and he said he started running twists with his 6th grade group. Harkening back to when I coached youth, I remember the first time I saw them and it was in our 7th grade state championship game. (Those twists left our line confused and we lost 20-12).

So yes my friend, this is truly junior high stuff. Blocking these stunts should be second nature.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back