• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The sky isn’t falling

After yesterday’s loss, Frost and Co. are a combined 5-9 @ Nebraska.

6 of Nebraska’s losses in that time have been by 5 points or less, and the avg. margin (including the Michigan butt kicking, is right around 11).

I saw a better team on the field yesterday than I saw last week. And I see a better product on the field this year than I saw last year.

The sky isn’t falling. Frost is still the guy. Adrian is still the QB. If we put a better product on the field next week than what we did this week, and continue to do so, we’ll be just fine.
I agree the sky isn't falling but as far as seeing a better team....... I don't know about that.

The team I saw walk off the field vs Iowa, I feel beats the team that walked off the field vs Colorado this weekend 12x out of 10.....

I'm at a point where as I'm not going to keep bringing up "well we only loss by 5 points".........to make myself field good about a loss. We didn't bring Frost to Lincoln to keep from losing games by more than 5 points.

This weekend I saw a lot of what I have saw by the previous 2 staffs before Frost.......a team looking for an identity......

This team started off being aggressive. QB runs. Playaction..... Second half, totally lost their aggression. The look to be in survival mode and desperation started to show up in different parts of each series.

We are supposed to be faster. We are supposed to be stronger. We are supposed to be better conditioned...... We are supposed to be a more equipped unit under Frost from the Riley & Pelini teams......yet.........I'm seeing the same thing.

I HATE being cautious when wanting to talk about my expectations for how good of a team my Huskers will be, but truthfully.......I have no idea what team will take the field.......I want to at least get back to believing that my Huskers can compete with any team they face on that specific Saturday. I haven't felt that way since maybe the 2010 season.

It hurts to lose to the vermin... we all feel it... HOWEVER none of the realistic season goals are even remotely damaged. Nobody likes the media and fans of other teams piling on telling us how overrated we were but the fact is.... Colorado needed a perfect storm in order to beat us combined with our terrible play calling in key moments.

We can still win the Big Ten West and still go to a big bowl. Nothing has changed and its up to the coaches to keep the train on the rails and continue getting better. AM will be fine as will HCSF... have some faith.
What perfect storm did Colorado get? They made adjustments at halftime and simply outplayed us in the second half. We didn't have any significant injuries. No one ejected. No weather condition change. Nothing.........

The excuses have to stop..... The Buff coaching staff out coached the Husker coaching staff. The Buff players out played the Husker players......... There was no "perfect storm".......

I agree the sky isn't falling but as far as seeing a better team....... I don't know about that.

The team I saw walk off the field vs Iowa, I feel beats the team that walked off the field vs Colorado this weekend 12x out of 10.....

I'm at a point where as I'm not going to keep bringing up "well we only loss by 5 points".........to make myself field good about a loss. We didn't bring Frost to Lincoln to keep from losing games by more than 5 points.

This weekend I saw a lot of what I have saw by the previous 2 staffs before Frost.......a team looking for an identity......

This team started off being aggressive. QB runs. Playaction..... Second half, totally lost their aggression. The look to be in survival mode and desperation started to show up in different parts of each series.

We are supposed to be faster. We are supposed to be stronger. We are supposed to be better conditioned...... We are supposed to be a more equipped unit under Frost from the Riley & Pelini teams......yet.........I'm seeing the same thing.

I HATE being cautious when wanting to talk about my expectations for how good of a team my Huskers will be, but truthfully.......I have no idea what team will take the field.......I want to at least get back to believing that my Huskers can compete with any team they face on that specific Saturday. I haven't felt that way since maybe the 2010 season.
Well the team that lost to Iowa had 3 senior offensive linemen and a season under their belt, so let’s wait at least a few games at least to make a comparison.

WE didn't bring Frost to Lincoln, Moos did. And I guarantee you that Moos didn't bring Frost to Lincoln with the expectation that he have the program running flawlessly by year 2, or else it's his tail on the line.

What are we seriously talking about here? A team coming off back to back 4-8 seasons is supposed to have miraculously "figured it out" in the matter of 1 off-season? Yea Frost drove a few players out that contributed to the crap culture. Don't believe for 1 second that every single bit of crap attitude was ripped out like cancer just when those few players left.

I for one DO see a faster, stronger, and more conditioned team than what I saw last year. The coaches can downplay the altitude all they want, but the fact of the matter is we died in the second half, and their players didn't. The difference is I believe we have the coaches, strength staff, and leaders on the team to keep improving, and 1 loss to a rival, at altitude, by 3 points, isn't going to change my optimism.

He lost to Northern Illinois then the majority of fans wanted him gone. Probably 50% of them didn't want him there from the start. AD was fired, which is almost always the death sentence on day one. The guy who replaced him could literally lose twice as many games for twice as long and many more would defend him than the prior coach.

You're probably right. THe good news is he won't lose twice as many games as a .500 coach

He lost to Northern Illinois then the majority of fans wanted him gone. Probably 50% of them didn't want him there from the start. AD was fired, which is almost always the death sentence on day one. The guy who replaced him could literally lose twice as many games for twice as long and many more would defend him than the prior coach.

Do you think the defense of that replacement might, just might, be because he is actually a good coach and has something on his resume to justify his hire?

Well the team that lost to Iowa had 3 senior offensive linemen and a season under their belt, so let’s wait at least a few games at least to make a comparison.
Why should I wait to make the comparison when I'm responding to someone else making the comparison. I simply just disagreed with it.

And your post validates my opinion. Losing 3 seniors on the OLine doesn't make a team better more times than not. Let's not forget about the the top rusher and a big playmaker at wide out no longer on the roster. Along with the chemistry developed with that bunch no longer there currently. I can't agree with someone saying this team is better until it shows that they actually are.

WE didn't bring Frost to Lincoln, Moos did. And I guarantee you that Moos didn't bring Frost to Lincoln with the expectation that he have the program running flawlessly by year 2, or else it's his tail on the line.

What are we seriously talking about here? A team coming off back to back 4-8 seasons is supposed to have miraculously "figured it out" in the matter of 1 off-season? Yea Frost drove a few players out that contributed to the crap culture. Don't believe for 1 second that every single bit of crap attitude was ripped out like cancer just when those few players left.

I for one DO see a faster, stronger, and more conditioned team than what I saw last year. The coaches can downplay the altitude all they want, but the fact of the matter is we died in the second half, and their players didn't. The difference is I believe we have the coaches, strength staff, and leaders on the team to keep improving, and 1 loss to a rival, at altitude, by 3 points, isn't going to change my optimism.

Cute........you want to argue semantics? "WE didn't bring Frost........" blah blah blah. So with the same energy you used with that silly response, how can you GUARANTEE the AD's expectations unless you sat down to actually hold that conversation during the process of hiring him..........

And no where did you see me saying Frost needs to run the program flawlessly in year 2. TO didn't run the program flawlessly in year 25. Don't try to over commit to an argument on a stance I never made.

"What are we talking about here?"......I'm not sure what you are talking about. I'm lost on your point. You are suggesting there is a cancer in the locker room. You care to point out who that might be since you are so sure that it exist on this roster. Also, please point to how this "mysterious cancerous player(s)" aided into us losing the game Saturday.

Good for you for seeing a faster, stronger, and more conditioned team than what you saw last year....... I don't, so now where does that leave us.......... We saw a Husker squad that couldn't have it's way with a bottom feeder in the Sun Belt Conference that won just 2 conference games last season. We naturally should have had the bigger, faster, more conditioned, and have more depth to run away with that game at least by the 3rd quarter. Then we start off fast and not only slow down but come to a complete stop in the second half vs a Colorado team that won 2 conference games last season and has a new HC. But we are better conditioned this year even though we couldn't do what Washington, Oregon St., & Arizona St. did last season, which is go to Boulder and not allow the altitude keep them from leaving with a W. Last I checked, Scott has been to Boulder before, so, I'm guessing if he is half the great coach we fans chant him to be, I'm sure he tried to prepare his team for the altitude they would face.

That all being said, never did I say I don't think this staff can put us in the right place. I'm just pointing out that we obviously aren't there yet currently regardless of all the "Rah Rah" talk from fans, media, and coaching staff on the progress of the team in the offseason. I'm not calling for Frost's job. I'm not questioning his process. I'm still behind him and this team. Just not a fan of the continuous "he's mad because he's a winner and winners hate to lose".......view of every short coming on the field. Winners also WIN.......they find a way to be successful in the nail biters. We haven't won a game on the road since our 1 point win over Purdue on October 28th of 2017........ I guess I'm not supposed to be bothered by that.........

Last edited:
Cute........you want to argue semantics? "WE didn't bring Frost........" blah blah blah. So with the same energy you used with that silly response, how can you GUARANTEE the AD's expectations unless you sat down to actually hold that conversation during the process of hiring him..........

And no where did you see me saying Frost needs to run the program flawlessly in year 2. TO didn't run the program flawlessly in year 25. Don't try to over commit to an argument on a stance I never made.

"What are we talking about here?"......I'm not sure what you are talking about. I'm lost on your point. You are suggesting there is a cancer in the locker room. You care to point out who that might be since you are so sure that it exist on this roster. Also, please point to how this "mysterious cancerous player(s)" aided into us losing the game Saturday.

Good for you for seeing a faster, stronger, and more conditioned team than what you saw last year....... I don't, so now where does that leave us.......... We saw a Husker squad that couldn't have it's way with a bottom feeder in the Sun Belt Conference that won just 2 conference games last season. We naturally should have had the bigger, faster, more conditioned, and have more depth to run away with that game at least by the 3rd quarter. Then we start off fast but not only slow down but come to a complete stop in the second half vs a Colorado team that won 2 conference games last season and has a new HC. But we are better conditioned this year even though we couldn't do what Washington, Oregon St., & Arizona St. did last season, which is go to Boulder and not allow the altitude keep them from leaving with a W. Last I checked, Scott has been to Boulder before, so, I'm guessing if he is half the great coach we fans chant him to be, I'm sure he tried to prepare his team for the altitude they would face.

That all being said, never did I say I don't think this staff can put us in the right place. I'm just pointing out that we obviously aren't there yet currently regardless of all the Rah Rah talk from fans, media, and coaching staff on the programs of the team in the offseason. I'm not calling for Frost's job. I'm not questioning his process. I'm still behind him and this team. Just not a fan of the continuous "he's mad because he's a winner and winners hate to lose".......view of every short coming on the field. Winners also WIN.......they find a way to be successful in the nail biters. We haven't won a game on the road since our 1 point win over Purdue on October 28th of 2017........ I guess I'm not supposed to be bothered by that.........
#triggered

After No Illinois this week the competition only gets better. Does anyone truly and honestly see the possibility of winning even one-half of the games in conference ?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back