• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The sky isn’t falling

ThrowFar60

Scout Team
5 Year Member
After yesterday’s loss, Frost and Co. are a combined 5-9 @ Nebraska.

6 of Nebraska’s losses in that time have been by 5 points or less, and the avg. margin (including the Michigan butt kicking, is right around 11).

I saw a better team on the field yesterday than I saw last week. And I see a better product on the field this year than I saw last year.

The sky isn’t falling. Frost is still the guy. Adrian is still the QB. If we put a better product on the field next week than what we did this week, and continue to do so, we’ll be just fine.

After yesterday’s loss, Frost and Co. are a combined 5-9 @ Nebraska.

6 of Nebraska’s losses in that time have been by 5 points or less, and the avg. margin (including the Michigan butt kicking, is right around 11).

I saw a better team on the field yesterday than I saw last week. And I see a better product on the field this year than I saw last year.

The sky isn’t falling. Frost is still the guy. Adrian is still the QB. If we put a better product on the field next week than what we did this week, and continue to do so, we’ll be just fine.
Plain and simple, YES!!! We'll be just fine. Too many fans with unrealistic expectations combined with a modern culture of instant gratification and pessimism.

Plain and simple, YES!!! We'll be just fine. Too many fans with unrealistic expectations combined with a modern culture of instant gratification and pessimism.

I don’t think it’s that simple; I wish it was. I didn’t hop on the 10-2 bandwagon because I felt it was unrealistic. I’d be pleased with progress. But yesterday’s team was worse than last year’s team that played Iowa, even after an off-season of training, a year of consistency in the program, another recruiting cycle and fresher players. I saw mental regression, and there’s frankly no excuse for that.

This is true, of course. We want the fairy tale narrative to be true so badly that we make it so - in our minds - and are then traumatized when reality doesn’t work out that way.

Scott really does want to turn this thing around, I’m sure. But he’s going to have to completely remove himself from fan mode and stop telling us how far along the guys are, how crisp they are practicing, etc., and go vanilla in pressers, tell us a few of the guys are “moving around pretty well” and let us see the product on the field. We don’t need to keep getting jacked up over how great things look in practice.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t bet we are better. Can’t even run the ball for a few yards, if needed. QB seems worse. Before the last :15 yesterday, I would have said the D looked better.

I see a better product on the field this year than I saw last year.

The sky isn’t falling.

I agree totally, the sky isn’t falling.
But yesterday sucked, and hurt - make no mistake about it.
But I disagree totally as far as product on the field. The latter part of the 2018 season is so far, better than the beginning of this year...
I will wait to the end of the year to compare seasons overall.

I don’t think it’s that simple; I wish it was. I didn’t hop on the 10-2 bandwagon because I felt it was unrealistic. I’d be pleased with progress. But yesterday’s team was worse than last year’s team that played Iowa, even after an off-season of training, a year of consistency in the program, another recruiting cycle and fresher players. I saw mental regression, and there’s frankly no excuse for that.

Granted it was the first season but that was the twelfth game, we have played 2 at my last count. Hopefully this year won't take 12 games and we should see improvement very disappointed with Saturday, but let's wait and see a few more games before we hit the panic button.

And I see a better product on the field this year than I saw last year.

I don't think the product on field this year is better than last years' so far. The D is better, the O is worse. the last 6 games of last year this looked like an 8-4 team. It doesn't look like that so far this year.

There's a lot of reasons why this team might improve substantially over the next few games, but it's genuinely not very good right now. They had better improve quickly, both coaches and players, or this will be a lost season this program can't afford.

I think Frost and Co have the potential to engineer that kind of improvement. Here's hoping they achieve it. Some of this will depend on individual improvement of players, true, but when coaches have the players full attention and effort as our have had since the end of the last year, it's really up to them. What happens the rest of this year is really a coaching challenge.

Last edited:
Fans that buy the tickets for the game should just go and not really expect much? Told all off season how much the team has improved and how the pieces are coming together.

Yes it was a very disappointing loss yet it’s just one. Within that loss though we saw a team that gave up. A team not motivated to win. Poor tackling poor execution at many levels. Game on the line in OT and you come out and run the plays they did showed fear and no confidence.

if the coaches don’t have confidence then it’s true.. why should the fans

Fans that buy the tickets for the game should just go and not really expect much? Told all off season how much the team has improved and how the pieces are coming together.

Yes it was a very disappointing loss yet it’s just one. Within that loss though we saw a team that gave up. A team not motivated to win. Poor tackling poor execution at many levels. Game on the line in OT and you come out and run the plays they did showed fear and no confidence.

The team didn't give up

What in God's name are you talking about? They did not give up and how do you know they are not motivated? A lot of people emote and spew garbage after a tough loss. I just didn't expect that from you

Last edited:
Totally agree! Tired of hearing that BS that the players GAVE UP last Saturday because it's wrong. We did however get OUT COACHED the 2nd half but that's another issue........

You want to see 'giving up' look at Nebraska's game at Minnesota with MR in charge, now that is giving up. There is a reason I am very optimistic now more so than in the past. I don't see the players quitting, obviously something isn't kosher right now but the players (except the O-line) are the least of my worry right now, and I trust the coaches will get their schiznit together shortly and things will improve.

Last edited:

You want to see 'giving up' look at Nebraska's game at Minnesota with MR in charge, now that is giving up. There is a reason I am very optimistic now more so than in the past. I don't see the players quitting, obviously something isn't kosher right now but the players (except the O-line) are the least of my worry right now, and I trust the coaches will get their schiznit together shortly and things will improve.
I sure hope they get their act together before OSU comes calling....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back