• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The Russell Wilson effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lummox

Red Shirt
15 Year Member
How might the transfer of this guy effect the future of college football. Take a scholarship for 4 years and graduate, then transfer to another school and play right away. Something doesn't seem right. He is just looking to win a championship, at the expense of his school that stood by him and the players that sweated blood with him. I bet he is just looking for a Cam Newton payday.

Does Nebraska need to worry about players doing this in the future to them?

Didn't O'Brien decide to go with Glennon regardless of whether Wilson decided to transfer? I don't think O'Brien ever liked the idea of Wilson splitting time with baseball and he thinks very highly of Glennon.

Players have been able to do this the last 4 to 5 years and start at other colleges without sitting out if they gradutated and that school does not offer a graduate degree in their field.

This seems to be one of the first that wasn't dismissed from the team with a ton of game experience.

Greg Paulus did it when he went from being Duke's starting point guard, graduated and then went and played a year as Syracuse's QB. It is a loophole for sure.

How might the transfer of this guy effect the future of college football. Take a scholarship for 4 years and graduate, then transfer to another school and play right away. Something doesn't seem right. He is just looking to win a championship, at the expense of his school that stood by him and the players that sweated blood with him. I bet he is just looking for a Cam Newton payday.

He is transferring because he was told that he is welcome to come back, but he will be the number 2 QB. 90 percent of 2time all-conference performers would do the same if granted their release after being told that. He said in a statement if the coach would have told him it was an open competition, he would be back in a heart beat.

This is not the coaches fault though.....I am surprised it took this long to not hang their hat on another guy, with him being a baseball player in the spring and not around for football year-round.

Yes. Players who have graduated and played 4 years somewhere else will want to be joining us for championship experiences.:huskerflag:

Colorado had a running back that graduated and announced he was going to transfer at the end of the year because CU didn't offer a graduate course of study in his major. Dan Hawkins took the high road and yanked the kids scholarship for the second semester because Dan was all about doing things the right way. CU should have kept Hawkins, they deserve each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back