• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The realignment thread

also looks like Oklahoma State is in informal talks with the Big 10:

Seems like the Big 12 folding is the ultimate power grab opportunity for the Big 10. Take OSU, Tech, Iowa State, K-State, and...I guess...KU, and there's your super conference. Negotiate low payouts with the newbies for 5 years, re-do your media deal, and money would be falling from trees. The Big 10 has a solid footprint in TX and the lower midwest. When else are you going to have a bunch of apples on the ground such as this?

Seems like a pretty stout answer to what the SEC is putting together.

Last edited:
also looks like Oklahoma State is in informal talks with the Big 10:

Notice the meatchicken site has Cincy on its ten to join list, making it two teams in Ohio

I still think the B1G+SEC becomes it's own thing. A few select ACC teams jump ship (Clemson, FSU, Miami) and the Pac-12 becomes intramurals. Maybe USC, Oregon and Washington get on board.

Expect a lot of casualties. NU won't be one of them.

Going forward, posting about going back to the Big 12 should be a bannable offense.

That’s not in response to anyone in this thread just a general statement that I didn’t know where to put so a WestTexasHusker thread seemed about as good as any.
The BIg 12 made its own bed early, and often. It would not have wound up in this mess with better, common sense. The Big 12 was the strongest conference until 2006. Bad decisions made early were rearing it’s head by this time. It went downhill fast from there. The Big 12 should have been doing the pillaging, before pillaging was cool, when they sat at the table with power, like the SEC has now. They did nothing. The rest is history.

The BIg 12 made its own bed early, and often. It would not have wound up in this mess with better, common sense. The Big 12 was the strongest conference until 2006. Bad decisions made early were rearing it’s head by this time. It went downhill fast from there. The Big 12 should have been doing the pillaging, before pillaging was cool, when they sat at the table with power, like the SEC has now. They did nothing. The rest is history.

At the time of the formation, Nebraska and Texas were elite teams. Oklahoma was terrible but quickly rebounded with hiring Bob Stoops.

USC was getting good under Pete Carroll and Miami was a powerhouse. But Michigan and Ohio State were average and Alabama was terrible. The Big Ten and SEC were largely irrelevant compared to the Big XII and the ACC/Big East mix (I get fuzzy on the timeline of Miami and VT).

Point is, had the Big XII had someone like Jim Delaney, they may have risen to be the preeminent power in college football. They stagnated like Rome, though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back