• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Queen's Gambit

NU_Alum

Husker Fan
5 Year Member
Short series on Netflix that's really well done.

The first 2-3 episodes are amazing IMO, the 4th and 5th are a bit slow but still good. 6 and 7 are fantastic.

I know a few commented on this in HT the other week and liked it. If you haven't seen it, watch it.

I think it's one of the best shows I've ever seen. Every facet of it. And Anya Taylor-Joy is incredible.

I've read discussion of another season of it. Please, no. It's perfect, including the ending. Could only mess up perfection with adding to it.
I don't know where you take it from where it ended. Great show and I'd prefer to leave it as is.

I confess to being new to Netflix. The year of limited activities drove me to it. But I'm really quite grateful. Best $15/mo I've ever spent (and I've watched a lot trying to catch up with the rest of the world).

I'm amazed that Netflix has developed to the point where the production really can't be topped by the major Hollywood movie studios. The Queen's Gambit is visually stunning. The cinematography is elite. The acting is top notch.

I'm not at all a chess person (and I'm certain the vast majority of viewers are not). If you'd told me a miniseries revolving around the game of chess would be absolutely riveting, I don't think I could believe you. I've read that chess manufacturing companies are running out of stock -- sales up 500%-1,000% from this time last year.

I confess to being new to Netflix. The year of limited activities drove me to it. But I'm really quite grateful. Best $15/mo I've ever spent (and I've watched a lot trying to catch up with the rest of the world).

I'm amazed that Netflix has developed to the point where the production really can't be topped by the major Hollywood movie studios. The Queen's Gambit is visually stunning. The cinematography is elite. The acting is top notch.

I'm not at all a chess person (and I'm certain the vast majority of viewers are not). If you'd told me a miniseries revolving around the game of chess would be absolutely riveting, I don't think I could believe you. I've read that chess manufacturing companies are running out of stock -- sales up 500%-1,000% from this time last year.

Netflix is awesome. I’ll check this out.

Netflix Studios does a great job with production.

The thing they need to remember is not to squeeze more than what's there. The first season of Stranger Things was novel, a fun romp of 80s memory that was well done. It wasn't nostalgia, but it made people FEEL nostalgic, which was good. Then a second season emerged, and it was like ... ehhh. The third season was not necessary, and it showed that they were really out of ideas after the first season.

While we sometimes want more of something good, we need to remember that all of the good may have been with the first season and it shouldn't be wrecked by more.

Watched it a few weeks ago, it was good. The lead actress was very good. I have seen her in a couple other things. This the best I have seen from her.

Netflix Studios does a great job with production.

The thing they need to remember is not to squeeze more than what's there. The first season of Stranger Things was novel, a fun romp of 80s memory that was well done. It wasn't nostalgia, but it made people FEEL nostalgic, which was good. Then a second season emerged, and it was like ... ehhh. The third season was not necessary, and it showed that they were really out of ideas after the first season.

While we sometimes want more of something good, we need to remember that all of the good may have been with the first season and it shouldn't be wrecked by more.
Very true.

Short series on Netflix that's really well done.

The first 2-3 episodes are amazing IMO, the 4th and 5th are a bit slow but still good. 6 and 7 are fantastic.

I know a few commented on this in HT the other week and liked it. If you haven't seen it, watch it.
thought it was one of the better mini series I have seen. I'm a chess player and fan and enjoyed it quite a bit. Read a lot of the books they used in the series. Plus the woman was kind of easy to look at and watch.

lol...I went out and bought another set to add to the ones I already have...Why? I felt like I had to...lol

578ba94e5c1d4672aa3a43f1-large.jpg

thought it was one of the better mini series I have seen. I'm a chess player and fan and enjoyed it quite a bit. Read a lot of the books they used in the series. Plus the woman was kind of easy to look at and watch.
I like chess and used to play more but it's been a bit since I've played.
I'm sure knowing a bit more about the actual strategies used would have made it even better to watch but I thought the way it was done didn't require that knowledge to be an excellent show.

I like chess and used to play more but it's been a bit since I've played.
I'm sure knowing a bit more about the actual strategies used would have made it even better to watch but I thought the way it was done didn't require that knowledge to be an excellent show.
I agree, they explained it very well. More of being a prodigy of the game than the game itself. Became an obsession for her that ruled her life the struggles that goes with that obsession

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back