• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The perfect Husker Football Book about the 90's Championship Era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowDent#2

Recruit
5 Year Member
Just putting this out there: For the past four years I've been compiling a massive & quite detailed chronicle of hilarious, insightful, and incredibly informational interviews with over 100 Husker players, coaches, and staffers who made the 90's Championship seasons come to be. We're talking about quite some names sharing deeply insightful stuff, now. I'm putting the finishing touches on it and hope to present it to a publisher in time for the fall of 2013 publication.

Here's my question, though: Would the average fan be interested in a 2,500+ page book of all these one-on-one interviews that cover the emotions, the dreams, the heartaches, the dedication, team chemistry and lockerroom insights that would likely take you an entire winter to read, or would a shortened version of about 300 pages with only selected quotes be more appreciated? (I have so much good stuff that I'm having an incredibly difficult time condensing this goldmine of an era.)

Any helpful thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated... GBR!

Depends on how much money you want to make. One book with a larger price tag or maybe 4 books at maybe 1/3 the price times 4. One large book might make for a nice coffee table book but 4 volumes might make them more valuable, kind of like a set. You can't go wrong either way. Hope that helps. :Biggrin:

Just sell it as a few volumes individually, then as a complete collector's edition box set with additional, never before released material. The "George Lucas Marketing" method.

Just sell it as a few volumes individually, then as a complete collector's edition box set with additional, never before released material. The "George Lucas Marketing" method.

True story, Husker fans will buy anything regarding Dear Old Nebraska U

Last edited:

Thanks for the input! Much appreciated. I'll see what the publisher thinks about them and try to update everyone when I have an answer. This is gonna be a MUST HAVE for any Nebraska or college football fan in general! GBR!

...make sure its available in a digital copy! I dont buy real books anymore unless I can get them autographed (my shameful confession)

Work a deal with Max and let HuskerMax members get special 1st addition autographed copies by you. The catch is...you have to promise never to autograph anymore. Then, when your rich and famous...we'll all get a piece of the pie..:Biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back