• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The path to beating Iowa begins against the Badgers

I think we could survive Taylor getting 150 yards or so. Have to limit them in their passing game
I'm going to have to agree with that. If we hold Taylor to 150 for the game (not the first half), we have an outside chance to win or at least keep it relatively close.

I'm going to have to agree with that. If we hold Taylor to 150 for the game (not the first half), we have an outside chance to win or at least keep it relatively close.
It is more likely that he will have 150 yards in the first half and that their QB is 7-7 passing. The only way I see us doing well is if JD has about 250 yards receiving and 3 TD's...they've told AM to start fast blinking this week and that means that JD is the target on nearly every pass play.

Last edited:
It is more likely that he will have 150 yards in the first half and that their QB is 7-7 passing. The only way I see us doing well is if JD has about 250 yards receiving and 3 TD's...they've told AM to start fast blinking this week and that means that JD is the target on nearly every pass play.
Yeah we are going to have to score a bunch of points and hope we get a turnover or two.

I know. The same movie's been playing at the theater for a decade. We know the drill by now. After the game, we will argue about 3-4 vs 4-3 and Frost just needs his guys and coach Chins needs to go, etc. Yep I should have been like 'goodnterribles' and prefaced the ststement with, "If, and it's a BIG if...". LMAO

I was going to say we need a short field but that didn't help us against Purdue--we had great field position most of the game. If our only pass option is a bubble screen and a shovel---we will get beat BIGLY.

I am mostly worried about our defensive line--I think they will get gassed quickly due to our offense not sustaining drives.

Last edited:
I was going to say we need a short field but that didn't help us against Purdue--we had great field position most of the game. If our only pass option is a bubble screen and a shovel---we will get beat BIGLY.

I am mostly worried about our defensive line--I think they will get gassed quickly due to our offense not sustaining drives.
Umm, yeah. 231 ypg (total) is all the Badger defense is giving up through 9 games this year. I don't really see us lighting it up barring some miraculous changes to our offensive performance.

NCAA Total Defense thru 11-10-19

Penalties are actually down some. I hope Wisconsin is overlooking us. To win the game Nebraska is going to need to play their best game of the year. They really need to play sound defense. Make them earn it on offense and get off the field on 3rd down. Taylor is going to get his yards you have to be able to limit other areas.

Offensively their is no getting around it, AM has to have a great game. Which he hasn't all year. He needs 300+ passing and about 70 running the ball. He can't have the fumbles or throw an interception.
Wisc lost their 2 for the year... might be 3 with Mn.. They want to keep the trophy

I really think the only way we win this game is if we get points from other than our offense; we'll need some fumble recovery/pick six and special teams to get this done.

God Help Us
This would help, but I still think it is all at Martinez feet. He just has to play well or they have no chance. If the defense plays well they can probably hold Wisconsin to 28. That is still a lot of points for Nebraska to score to win this game. I hope Frost has something up his sleeve for them. Something better than a Shovel pass at the goal line.

This would help, but I still think it is all at Martinez feet. He just has to play well or they have no chance. If the defense plays well they can probably hold Wisconsin to 28. That is still a lot of points for Nebraska to score to win this game. I hope Frost has something up his sleeve for them. Something better than a Shovel pass at the goal line.

It really comes down to taking advantage of opportunities and ‘closing’, right?

Score when you’re in position to. Don’t extend opponents drives with missed tackles or penalties. Win the turnover battle and play better special teams. They haven’t done that for four quarters yet this year, but it’s not like asking them to beat tOSU.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back