• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Oklahoma State comprehensive football thread

Shrum and Gundy are fairly tight I believe. I think he also is in good with the AD, Chad Weiberg (spelling). Afternoon sports host in OKC, Jim Traber, says Gundy has no one to answer to, creating a lax coach. He also makes 7 million per. That’s a lot of money for a school like OSU to handle.

They have lost a ton. They recruited very poorly. I’m not sure what’s gonna happen there. One thing I know for sure is, Mike Gundy is very rich, and comfortable. He definitely has lost some hunger. He still wants to win, and he’s a good coach, very good actually, but he’s gotten lazy with recruiting (for many years), and many other aspects around the program. They are weak in NIL, so that plays a factor as well (Boone is dead, no more money, no other mega rich alumni, except Garth). I don’t see Gundy doing this much longer (my own opinion). I think he’s fed up with NIL, and the transfer portal. He’s on cruise control, riding on a 4 more year contract. Easy 28 million. I think, as it stands now, they could have a losing season up there. We will see.

I sensed that things weren’t right after SS got hurt. No one ever knew if he was a go or not. Gundy would then admit “he missed practice all last week” due to something with his grandpa, etc. I started wondering then what was going on. My son says SS decided to return to OSU, Gundy said “no thanks”, and so a slew of other players left. My son has a lower level insider but who knows players.

As far as I can tell the whole thing is in shambles. But I also thought Cornelius’s QB year would be a total fail and yet they won some big games. Who knows.

1-2 years and he might be in the portal, lot of variables there. if its really a SS behind the scenes, could be a year.

Everyone in college fb now is a free agent. A lot of these players will only be at a school for a semester and then on to something else. Going to lose a whole bunch of fan interest.

D2552758-281C-4650-8BC9-2B6D3FF08972.jpeg

Pretty much looks like the osu football program.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back