• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Oklahoma State comprehensive football thread

The buzz about the B1G and SEC is silly. Those conferences are riding coattails of a few teams, just like the big 12 rode OU’s. Will someone in the Big 12 rise to replace OU? Doubt it. But most of the Big 12 can hang with most of the SEC and B1G.

This year aside, Texas hasn’t been relevant in terms of national championship opportunities. I’m guessing they have about as much success in the SEC as they did in the Big 12. I think OU will be immediately competitive at the top, as they were in the Big 12. Sure hope so.

Yormark is just getting started with the Big 12. He’s going to continue knee-dropping his doubters.
I think there will be several years of acclimation for both OU and Texas.

I think there will be several years of acclimation for both OU and Texas.

Could be, but I think that could be more about OU's current state than a conference change. I like BV. I have a personal friend who coached with him at K State. But they've slipped from the level achieved by the previous two coaches. He has the talent, not quite sure what is going on. OU has the recruits to compete with the top of the SEC. Texas does too, but they historically have far underperformed their talent level. I don't see them being a factor in the SEC any more than they were in the Big 12, just because of the culture that they have.

Could be, but I think that could be more about OU's current state than a conference change. I like BV. I have a personal friend who coached with him at K State. But they've slipped from the level achieved by the previous two coaches. He has the talent, not quite sure what is going on. OU has the recruits to compete with the top of the SEC. Texas does too, but they historically have far underperformed their talent level. I don't see them being a factor in the SEC any more than they were in the Big 12, just because of the culture that they have.
Well since he had to basically start from zero year one with all the players that either left or recruits that followed Riley to SC he seems to be doing okay from a 6-7 first season to a 10-3 second season. Time will tell but BV is loading up in Norman.

Well since he had to basically start from zero year one with all the players that either left or recruits that followed Riley to SC he seems to be doing okay from a 6-7 first season to a 10-3 second season. Time will tell but BV is loading up in Norman.

works for me.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back