• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Official HuskerMax Car Thread

Thanks. 350 with turbo hydramatic 400

Yep. My dad had a '71 that was nearly the same car. Cottonwood Green with a white top.

Some yutz from Texas rear ended him in Denver back in the early '80's and screwed that up.

55276534.jpg

Not mine. But how I get back and forth from work. No extra features, cloth, 4 cylinder, Had since new. Has a Husker license plate cover and multiple car seats. Check engine light constantly on due to emissions issue that I won't fix. Has only 120K so have to keep driving it.

If I can't own it here on an anonymous forum....I gotta practice saying it's still mine. All Jealous offers will be entertained, but ultimately rejected.

Not sure if you saw my brother in laws, post #46, almost exactly like the one you posted.

I didn't until just now, but she's a beaut.

It's funny how different cars push different peoples buttons. I've got a buddy that thinks the Chevelle is an ugly looking 'road shovel', while the classic Caddy's are the thing. To each his own, but I do love me a nice Chevelle.

After fifteen years of searching for the right Chevelle and/or waiting to have the cash, I lucked upon a '67 Chevelle during my travels for work a couple of weeks back. The guy was the second owner and had started a frame off restoration about a year ago, had some money and health problems and wanted to sell it. Frame had been repaired and powder coated, body was nearly perfect after some new fenders and minor work. Had painted it with it's original Nantucket Blue and had most of the chrome back on it. New tires and wheels, carpet, dash, and back bench seat. Drivers and passenger seats needed to be replaced. New rear axle and diff, new drive shaft, tranny was shot and the motor was a 383 stroker on a stand that was in pieces, but had a new crank, bearings, pistons and the heads were being redone at a local shop. When I walked up to it I thought it was a complete car, but he popped the hood and explained the story. Only wanted $10k for it. We shook and I was going to bring him the check the next week. He's oldish and doesn't do Venmo or anything electronic really, but we had a deal. Charleston gets six inches of snow delaying my departure by a couple of days and he sells it to another guy who gave him $12k. I don't blame him since he needs the dough, but this was as close as I've come in all those years to making it happen and to say I'm pissed/bummed about it would be an understatement. Back to looking.

My first car was a 67 Camaro, owned it all of 6 months till it was destroyed in a 2 car crash that actually totaled both cars. I was driving down a one way street and the other car (a 68 1/2 mustang fastback) pulled into the intersection just as I was arriving. We hit my front left corner to his right then our back ends slapped together. Instantly destroyed 2 classic auto cuz that other driver was a real dweeb. I managed to get my door open and pulled him through his half opened window so I could end his miserable life only to be persuaded to cool off from my friends that were in the car with me... in fact one of them was MadtownHusker.
It was a beautiful pearl white exterior and red leather interior, the year 1976. RIP

Last edited:
My first car was a 67 Camaro, owned it all of 6 months till it was destroyed in a 2 car crash that actually totaled both cars. I was driving down a one way street and the other car (a 68 1/2 mustang fastback) pulled into the intersection just as I was arriving. We hit my front left corner to his right then our back ends slapped together. Instantly destroyed 2 classic auto cuz that other driver was a real dweeb. I managed to get my door open and pulled him through his half opened window so I could end his miserable life only to be persuaded to cool off from my friends that were in the car with me... in fact one of them was MadtownHusker.
It was a beautiful pearl white exterior and red leather interior, the year 1976. RIP

Always tragic when American beauties get totaled.

My senior year of HS I was taking a friend home from school in a close quarters neighborhood and some guy in a white utility van talking on his phone failed to yield and backed out of his driveway into the passenger side of my Camaro with authority as I was passing by, pushing me across to the other side of the street and blowing out my two left tires, leaving one hell of a dent and a busted side mirror. The dude tried to tell me that I need to watch out for people backing out of their driveways, as if there was anything I could do on my end when I get backed into as I'm driving by on the street. He was clearly grasping for straws.

Fortunately though I have yet to (knock on wood) total a car, so I can only imagine the emotions that had to be running through your head.

.... it was my first love, and it ended tragically but I still have the memories.

I've gotten over her though, I just fell into the deal of my lifetime. A friend called me a couple months ago and told me I should buy his friends Mercedes. I've had 3 older Benzes over the years and he knew I had an appreciation for them. The car was a 2007 with a 150,000 miles and the price was right but what sold me was the model, it's a S class 550. Bought it without looking at it or test driving and I've been giggling like a little girl every time I get in it, she's a beaut and with 383 HP under the hood, I'm starting to forget all about my long lost Camaro.:cool:

Always tragic when American beauties get totaled.

My senior year of HS I was taking a friend home from school in a close quarters neighborhood and some guy in a white utility van talking on his phone failed to yield and backed out of his driveway into the passenger side of my Camaro with authority as I was passing by, pushing me across to the other side of the street and blowing out my two left tires, leaving one hell of a dent and a busted side mirror. The dude tried to tell me that I need to watch out for people backing out of their driveways, as if there was anything I could do on my end when I get backed into as I'm driving by on the street. He was clearly grasping for straws.

Fortunately though I have yet to (knock on wood) total a car, so I can only imagine the emotions that had to be running through your head.
I had a similar (but different) experience while driving a '77 RS Camaro very similar to the the one pictured. A friend and I were racing to play some pick up basketball. I took a short cut that brought us to the same intersection at roughly the same time. It was a small town so there were no stop signs at the intersection. Fortunately I was about a tenth of a second faster than my friend so I entered the intersection first and he t-boned me. The bad news was both cars were totaled. The good news was that I officially won the race because he hit me. Neither of our parents were impressed.
iu

Well the Mustang garage is almost finished. Need to get the gutters and downspouts on and finish up the overhead lights and outlets along the walls. Next year we will pour another six yards of concrete to finish off the drive. Hopefully I will get the Mustang back this week with the overheating issue resolved.

keybank locations near me

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back