• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The NFL Any-Era Team: Suh #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
ESPN is compiling an all-star team of 20 players from the modern era who could have stood their own in any era of pigskin. These are the tough-as-nails guys who could have stood shoulder-to-shoulder with the titans of the game.

So far, ESPN has released 4 names; the rest will come by Friday.

20. Payton Manning
19. Tim Tebow
18. Ndamukong Suh
17. Dwight Freeney

The list was put together by Hall of Famers, including: Jim Brown, Larry Csonka, Mike Singletary, Mike Ditka, and Joe Namath, among others.

Jim Brown: I love Suh. I would take him and mold him and create a Frankenstein.

Larry Csonka: You could put Suh next to Mean Joe Greene or Bubba Smith.

Mike Singletary: Suh is just nasty...He can rip your face off.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7403680/no-18-lions-dt-ndamukong-suh?eleven=twelve

Last edited:

It is what some of us were trying to say when some on this board were sharpening their pitchforks and lighting their torches...

Suh is clearly a throwback. Had he played with Jim Brown and Mean Joe and Butkus, almost everything he has been flagged for would have been common-place back then.

It is sad to think just how mamby-pamby our society (and the NFL) have become...

Last edited:
Bug I agree 100% Suh is old school. Back when linemen would load their gloves and follow the rule "everything is legal until the ref throws a flag". I wonder what O-Lineman would have been able to slow him down? Intrested in seeing who else is on their listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back