• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The narrowing path to six wins and a bowl game

Beareye

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
Five games left. Beating Wisconsin is a pipe dream, so that effectively leaves four games to get two wins. Iowa is probably a long shot too, but maybe we have a chance since their offense is almost as bad as ours right now. Coming out of the bye week, Indiana is a must-win game. I would like to think we could beat Purdue and/or Maryland, but I do not trust this team on the road.

What does everyone think? Do we reach six wins and make it to a lower-tier bowl game?

Five games left. Beating Wisconsin is a pipe dream, so that effectively leaves four games to get two wins. Iowa is probably a long shot too, but maybe we have a chance since their offense is almost as bad as ours right now. Coming out of the bye week, Indiana is a must-win game. I would like to think we could beat Purdue and/or Maryland, but I do not trust this team on the road.

What does everyone think? Do we reach six wins and make it to a lower-tier bowl game?
We don’t know how to block and tackle and you are worrying about bowl games? If Frost doesn’t show up at practice Monday saying “gentlemen, this is a football”.......

Indiana & Purdoo are the best shots.

Buff loss looming large as a missed opportunity. :Thumbsdown2:

I don’t see one win left you can say definitively. There really isn’t. Right now, today, Indiana is better than NU. Maryland is the lone possible gimme, and they could put a knot on NU’s head also on the road. Unless this team does a 180, I don’t see another win. The team has played crap football all year except the first half against Colorado and the second half against Illinois. Somewhere mike Riley is smiling. Remember all the things Frost said when he got here?

Purdue and Maryland look like the only two possible W's unless this team has an epiphany on the off week. You could add Indiana because their talent isn't anything special, but neither is Minnesota's. Wisconsin? Uh...no. Iowa might hang 50 on this defense the way it played last night.

Purdue and Maryland look like the only two possible W's unless this team has an epiphany on the off week. You could add Indiana because their talent isn't anything special, but neither is Minnesota's. Wisconsin? Uh...no. Iowa might hang 50 on this defense the way it played last night.
I hate being this down and negative regarding this year's team but I don't see two wins left on the schedule. The three winnable games are all on the road and it certainly appears that Purdue may have found something that worked yesterday. The only game that to me looks winnable under our current version of play is Maryland.

I hate this but Unless something changes in the performance of our team, we might win one more. I don't want to say which team because they would probably hear about it and play that much harder against our poorly performing team!

I hate being this down and negative regarding this year's team but I don't see two wins left on the schedule. The three winnable games are all on the road and it certainly appears that Purdue may have found something that worked yesterday. The only game that to me looks winnable under our current version of play is Maryland.

I don't know. At 0-6 last year I didn't see any game as a clear win either. Nothing is static in college football so I really can't rule anything out. South Carolina beating Georgia on the road yesterday is a definite 'On any given Saturday' moment. A week off to get mentally right and fix some things/find out who wants to play and Indiana at home isn't an 'Ohio State' mountain to climb.

Omg, nearly 100% were on the Frost train, like it was a sure thing. You know what they say, if the public is all on one side, it’s usually wrong. Scott has to know the product is junk. He knows what good football looks like. He’s from that.
He looked really stressed out on the sidelines last night. Bewildered at times. I’m not sure what the answers are, but he gets paid a lot of money to figure it out. I’m so tired of hearing the, NU has no talent thing. That’s lame. Getting your ass kicked by teams with much less talent should put some fire in your belly. I still believe, but he needs to start finding some answers pretty damn quick!

Yup, Iowa....even with a struggling offense will be able to run the ball. 3 and 8 is a running down against this D.....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back