• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The most terrifying mascots in the SportsBiz by state.

Thanks RR...entertaining. I’ve never been a lil red fan. I guess he’s supposedly good for kids but I’d be fine with him disappearing. I’m still for bringing old school Herbie back, not the cowboy looking guy we have now.

upload_2019-4-21_18-34-1.gif

Edit: I think Okie States is the creepiest btw

Last edited:

Tell me that this thing here isn't terrifying.... and gross, UGH!!!

ACC-12676-CA_006057ec-3e1e-4515-aa3c-898a1070d9bb_1200x.jpg

UCSB Banana Slugs....

Last edited:
When I was at Millard North we had a football rivalry with Creighton Prep. Since they were an all-boys school, we would always throw soap-on-a-rope. I guess that's terrifying.

Now this one really is terrifying, because someone could've gotten stabbed in view of thousands of people. Not by a mascot, but a member of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets during a game vs. SMU in the '80s. He took issue with SMU's cheerleading squad being in the end zone for a routine during a timeout, and responded by pulling his sword from its scabbard and brandishing it at a male SMU yell leader. He was supposedly upset that the SMU cheerleaders were violating "sacred ground" by being on the field, and quickly spun up into a rage. (Uh, Niedermeyer, it's just a football field, not "sacred ground.") Dude wound up getting suspended from school.

Last edited:
I agree he is pretty scary when you see the old on-field version, which I know you have since you've been a fanatic for a long time :Biggrin: There are a few other scary ones too.

BigRed1970.jpg

CornKob.jpg

MrCornhead1960s.gif

HarryHusker1985_2.jpg

Now THIS is a terrifying mascot: Harry Husker, the old NU character from the '70s.

Take note of all the scary features: 100% virgin polyester pants and blazer capable of shocking those around him with a severe jolt of static electricity … ginormous boots that could crush toes in a crowd ... huge cowboy hat that blocks the view of the person sitting behind him … NU flag that he waves like one of those obnoxious and annoying yellow towels so loved by Steeler fans … some kind of bizarre football badge hanging from his jacket pocket that appears to be a kid's participation ribbon (would you want to sit next to a guy wearing one of those?) … what looks to be a red feather protruding from his jacket pocket (don't even want to know) …

With him, you have every reason to be afraid.

I don't find any of them terrifying. Maybe a little odd but, not terrifying.

Now post #20, yes, that is terrifying.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back