• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The most terrifying mascots in the SportsBiz by state.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Having some fun....

D4SSbMeWAAE-Rhx.jpg

Man....wouldn't want to see that thing from Maryland walking off the bus!

Lil' Red "terrifying"? Really? Lame, silly, and childish, maybe, but terrifying? Only in the same sense that Richard Simmons, Pee Wee Herman, and Mr. Bean are terrifying.

I always thought Okie State's Pistol Pete is the creepiest mascot in college sports. I saw him/it make a little girl cry one time. (Though Stillwater itself might've done the same to some grown adults.)

Lil' Red "terrifying"? Really? Lame, silly, and childish, maybe, but terrifying? Only in the same sense that Richard Simmons, Pee Wee Herman, and Mr. Bean are terrifying.

I always thought Okie State's Pistol Pete is the creepiest mascot in college sports. I saw him/it make a little girl cry one time. (Though Stillwater itself might've done the same to some grown adults.)
Well there arent a whole lot of options for NE

For Kansas.... Shocky (or whatever Wichita St. calls their mascot) is much scarier and more creepy than Willie the Wildcat.

paul Ruebens aka Pee Wee Herman scares me!

Homer the Haymarket Hound is way more terrifying than Lil Red.

183913-11729238Fr.jpg

And the Storm Chasers have whatever this green weirdo is with a fleshlight for a nose. At least when they were the Royals they had Casey the Lion.

stormy_17omaha.jpg

Finally, there's the molesty-lookin' bear of my alma mater, the Bellevue Bruins.

05-2018-meet-our-mascot-header.jpg

Last edited:

Now THIS is a terrifying mascot: Harry Husker, the old NU character from the '70s.

Take note of all the scary features: 100% virgin polyester pants and blazer capable of shocking those around him with a severe jolt of static electricity … ginormous boots that could crush toes in a crowd ... huge cowboy hat that blocks the view of the person sitting behind him … NU flag that he waves like one of those obnoxious and annoying yellow towels so loved by Steeler fans … some kind of bizarre football badge hanging from his jacket pocket that appears to be a kid's participation ribbon (would you want to sit next to a guy wearing one of those?) … what looks to be a red feather protruding from his jacket pocket (don't even want to know) …

With him, you have every reason to be afraid.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back