• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The IMG Academy - Wow!

“Off a horse” would be slang for killing the horse. Maybe it meant off of a horse. Also, maybe Jack is a horse breeder. How do you think they get them ready to mate? Saw it on tv once (or I was having a weird dream), when they were showing the post-racing life of a triple crown champion. You gotta wonder what the horse is thinking during that process.

Way TMI. Don’t want to know what show either.

Off a horse” would be slang for killing the horse. Maybe it meant off of a horse. Also, maybe Jack is a horse breeder. How do you think they get them ready to mate? Saw it on tv once (or I was having a weird dream), when they were showing the post-racing life of a triple crown champion. You gotta wonder what the horse is thinking during that process.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how this is actually my line of work, a brief correction. The stallion was getting washed off in that dream you were having. That’s it..just washed. Sorry ;)

Frost also loves Mountain Dew. Can anyone post the results of the Dew snowboarding events here? Or would that make them an attention whore as well? Asking for a friend.

giphy.gif

C

I am in Florida playing the Florida Super Senior Grand Prix tennis circuit. As a military retiree I was staying at MacDill AFB's guest housing on a space available basis at $70 a night. MacDill was close enough to commute to 5 of the tournaments (those in Bradenton and Sarasota), but MacDill had no space available from 10 to 14 February...so knowing that the IMG Academy had tennis courts that I could use to practice on, and since it was only 10 miles from the tournament I was playing that week, I called them to see if they had available lodging. They did, and the price was comparable to a Holiday Inn Express.

IMG has condos and villas on their property that you can buy....and people can rent them out to visitors like me. So IMG is not just for kids. Adults live there too, and they have tennis programs for adults.

I was allowed to use the tennis courts after 5 PM each day after the kids were done using them, and they also had a wall I could use for practice. That is why I chose to stay at IMG rather than at a Holiday Inn Express.

And while I was there I got to see some of the world's best junior tennis players, and I was able to see the entire campus. It was a nice additional amenity that Holiday Inn Express could not offer.

So, now I am back at MacDill. I have played 3 tournaments so far and I won one of them. I have 3 more to go. Would you care to wish me good luck?

What is your USTA rating? I seem to have hit the oh so common 3.5 wall and can't seem to get passed it. Then again, I play casually and haven't really taken it serious since high school.

Good luck!

Last edited:

What is your USTA rating? I seem to have hit the oh so common 3.5 wall and can't seem to get passed it. Then again, I play casually and haven't really taken it serious since high school.

Good luck!
He can not answer for two months. On Vaca from another thread.

I would beg to differ that this is Husker related. I have a friend who's son has had (9) career 300 games in bowling. He once bowled with me and his dad at Parkway Lanes so I guess that story is somewhat Husker Related.

It’s winter so almost anything can be Husker related

HCSF and his staff will be in contact with football players from the IMG Academy for years to come. Their football team travels around the nation to find suitable competition. It is loaded with 4-stars. HCSF will always have a relationship with the IMG academy...or at least have an eye on what's going on there.

In fact, Husker coaches from many sports are probably in contact with IMG. It is a one stop shop for great athletes in many sports that the Huskers compete in.

No one in Texas will play them. Texas coaches became tired of their recruiting.

Good luck!

Good Question. I am sorry it took me so long to answer but I was forced to the sidelines for 2 months. But hey, I deserved it. I did a very unacceptable thing. I claimed to be an *** non-believer.

Anyway, I am a 4.5. In my senior age group, there are only a handful of players in the entire country who can play at the 5.0 level. I played 6 tournaments in Florida. I played one of those 5.0 guys but the rest were 4.5's like me.

I finished with a 15 win 5 loss record. 3 of my losses were to the eventual tournament champion, one was to a guy ranked 20th in the nation and my other loss was to a former Davis Cup Player from France. My best win was over a guy ranked 25th (in the nation) and I had 2 wins over a guy ranked 55th in the nation.

I'd like to become one of the 5.0 guys, but its going to take a lot of work. I enjoy the competition and the challenge of trying to improve. The 2019 season has only begun. I am planning to play many more tournaments this season. I think I could be in the top 50 before the 2019 season is finished. I am going to give it a try, anyway.

Last edited:

Any reference in any thread in a negative or sarcastic manner about *** will get you booted again. ONE and ONLY Warning.

Oh and your booted from this thread because of that.

RR

Good Question. I am sorry it took me so long to answer but I was forced to the sidelines for 2 months. But hey, I deserved it. I did a very unacceptable thing. I claimed to be an *** non-believer.

Anyway, I am a 4.5. In my senior age group, there are only a handful of players in the entire country who can play at the 5.0 level. I played 6 tournaments in Florida. I played one of those 5.0 guys but the rest were 4.5's like me.

I finished with a 15 win 5 loss record. 3 of my losses were to the eventual tournament champion, one was to a guy ranked 20th in the nation and my other loss was to a former Davis Cup Player from France. My best win was over a guy ranked 25th (in the nation) and I had 2 wins over a guy ranked 55th in the nation.

I'd like to become one of the 5.0 guys, but its going to take a lot of work. I enjoy the competition and the challenge of trying to improve. The 2019 season has only begun. I am planning to play many more tournaments this season. I think I could be in the top 50 before the 2019 season is finished. I am going to give it a try, anyway.

Last edited:

Huskerphin and Paramus, I am a 4.0 player out of the Atlanta area. I have seen what is at the 4.5 level and above. No thanks.

Huskerphin never worry about your actual NTRP. If you are being challenged and having fun, compete until the computer moves you out of the level.

If either of you are in Lincoln during an upcoming game, find us some Har Tru and we can play.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back