• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The "I'm with Scott" Narrative

After 21 games, do you still have confidence Scott will turn this program around

• Yes

Votes: 109 76.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • I have my doubts

Votes: 28 19.7%

• Total voters
There is a lot of negativity, but that should be expected.

4-8
4-8
4-5

To be fair, SF is responsible for only 2 of those records. Also, the third one brought SF to NU, so people shouldn't complain about that, other than to show NU wasn't winning 9 games under his predecessor.

Wisky did not invest in football like NU does nor did they have the back history. it is apple and oranges comparison.

NU doesn't have the back history that is relevant! Back history doesn't win one game when the players hit the field. Silly argument.

Currently we have more questions then answers and probably more faith then facts. I still believe SF can get it done but he also needs to carefully evaulate everything that's been done up to this point in time. There are aspects of the program that are working imo while others not so much. A good coach figures out what works and what doesn't work then adjusts his coaching techniques to what works! Frost is a inexperienced HC and at times it's shown in places like game management and yes play calling. What was very successful at UCF might not ever work well in the Big 10.

He does need more time but it's also important to demonstrate some progress next season. Perhaps even this season with at least 3 games left. I believe it's extremely difficult to attract top recruits to a program that can't even play .500 ball and get to a bowl game. If we do miss a bowl this season I think it's a real setback that's going to negatively impact recruiting.

I'd like to see this team rebound, beat Maryland and pull off and upset of either WI or IA. Yes the odds are against it but it would certainly send a message that Nebraska ain't dead yet!
May not be dead but they are calling for the crash cart

I haven’t read this thread assuming it is the same that has been stated all year.

We have no other choice at this point but to stick with Frost. He has seven years to fix this.

Two years isn’t enough to judge with the dramatic changes being made to the offensive and defensive playbooks.

Offensively, maybe all we are lacking are some big wide receivers to open up the running lanes, but Frost needs to be willing to change.

I’m not a fan of the DC. We have scored enough to win some games that we lost. A change at DC is needed.

Obviously our kicking game sucks.

Maybe next year!

I get what you are saying and wasn't necessarily attributing them to you. I just wanted to comment on them. I understand why fans feel the way they do, and i'm as guilty as anyone in finding fault in everything when the team is struggling. But we as fans better start being as mentally tough as we expect the coaches and players to be because the rest of his year may not look pretty. But the rebuild continues in the Spring, or maybe even in December if we beat expectations and pull off two wins.
This.

All in with Scott, frustrated? Yep, but still all in.
It's all good, their just getting us now - no worries!

HCSF is a B1G diplomat - he's trying let all the teams which don't have as many wins as NU close the gap for a few before he starts to widen it again. :)

Last edited:
Behind Scott 100%. You don't fix something this broken in 2 years. We have talented players on this team but not enough of them and unless you are recruiting power with top talent clamoring to play for your program you don't fix this in 2 years. Many of the holes we had on this team at the beginning of the year are the same holes now and some new holes have developed. Those holes don't usually get fixed during the year. It might take several years to get the players needed at all positions.

Play calling may be bad but maybe those same plays might work better if players executed their assignments or if we had more talent at more positions.

I'm not saying it's all on the players either. Scott and his staff are making their fair share of mistakes too. But bailing on coaches every couple years is not the answer. I think we really need to give Scott plenty of time and give recruits some confidence that they might actually play for their coach through their whole career.
Oklahoma was every bit as broken as Nebraska but I think the difference being we had some exceptional assistant coaches.

I assume Frost will get it done because I don't know enough to say he can't. But also, I would rather believe in him and be proven wrong, than be a naysayer from early on and then eat crow if he were to succeed. I've been that way since Callahan. I am on board with a coach until there are no more excuses. Couple that with the fact that we would not really have any other options unless and until Frost were to demonstrably fail, and I am 100% on board with Frost.

That said, this season has been a total waste and frustration. I do not want to watch the last three games and probably will only watch the Iowa game for lack of anything better to do. Good weather causes me to skip Husker games now. I've only watched night games this season and ones where it was raining out. Too bad. You could tell almost from the first snap of the season that this team was not right. Then I see Fleck and Minnesota and I am tempted to say we already know this won't work.

But the narrative is simply to sweet to give up on. If Frost were to lead this team to the promised land it would be one of the greatest stories in CFB history and I will be on the right side of it until I am certain he has failed. Sort of a Pascal's Wager type of thing, but I am 100% on board with Frost. GO BIG RED 2020!

8-4 in 2020 sounds good, but with games @OSU, PSU, @Iowa, and @Wisonsin in consecutive weeks, there is 0 margin for error in any of the remaining games. Maybe hope for 6 wins.
Im
Just hoping we make a bowl game next year. Six wins will be good and easier to build off of then this year will be. You have to crawl before you walk.

GET TICKETS

Back