• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Huskers/Iowa have added Northern Iowa to their 2024/2026 non-conference schedules.The NU-NIU game will reportedly be played on Sept. 14, 2024.

Wonder if this was done because the conference schedule now is an unknown; and with all the conference realignment that it would have been tough to get an FBS opponent?

Assuming Nebraska wins (hard to do these days) it only cost $600,000 for the game which is a real reasonable amount for a nonconference home opponent.

Last edited:

Assuming Nebraska wins (hard to do these days) it only cost $600,000 for the game which is a real reasonable amount for a nonconference home opponent.
Agreed. $600 doesn't seem bad for a scheduled needed home game. UNI at least has a pretty solid history.

Maybe an indirect small positive to recruiting exposure to state of Iowa kids, I know I'm stretching some on that though.

Agreed. $600 doesn't seem bad for a scheduled needed home game. UNI at least has a pretty solid history.

Maybe an indirect small positive to recruiting exposure to state of Iowa kids, I know I'm stretching some on that though.

UNI should not be taken lightly. I have read about Nebraska paying well over a million for non conference home games.

Hopefully this game works out on the field and in the increased game profit margin category.

Cedar Rapids and Iowa City are pretty much equal distance from Lincoln. 300 miles away. Close to Iowa City. Little bit too long via bus trip ..... probably air charter.

Actually Univ. of Eastern Iowa instead of Northern Iowa.

Last edited:
Cedar Rapids and Iowa City are pretty much equal distance from Lincoln. 300 miles away. Close to Iowa City. Little bit too long via bus trip ..... probably air charter.

But UNI is in Cedar Falls which is in Northeast Iowa

UNI is in Cexar Falls. Hometown of our current AD.

Love to see threads about the great new addition to the schedule and pats on the back for it followed bye another thread balking about Iowa’s “BS” schedule….

Love it

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back