• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The HuskerMax Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRedMax

Administrator
Staff member
20 Year Member
This is still in the planning stages and has been something I wanted to be part of for a long time. I am going to form a Nebraska based non-profit organization that will have the singular purpose of providing assistance to former Nebraska players. It will be modeled after the one Mike Ditka has created for former NFL Players called Gridiron Greats.

I have reached out to Jerry Murtaugh and he has graciously agreed to join me in this endeavour that will be based in Nebraska. We will be filing the non-profit application with the State of Nebraska in January and plan to hit the ground running shortly thereafter.

Initially we need help in two areas - legal and accounting. We would like to solicit volunteers to help us out with both. Preferably both would be former players that can provide that assistance. Jerry and I will be working our contact lists to get that in place in January as well. If you know a former player that is a lawyer or an accountant please send them our way.

I will keep you posted on our progress. The goal is to avoid having to read articles like this one.
[h=1][/h]

I was lucky enough to get to see AF play. No doubt this will be a successful foundation, please keep us posted when it is up and running.

David, I believe there is literally nothing you wouldn't do to support your favorite university. You're a shining example of what we all should be.

I honestly didn't know that former players needed assistance.

How did this come about? Is it because of physical or career problems?

Anything I can do let me no. I will always offer free family entertainment to any fund raiser you need. Thanks for all the hard work on this board and just being a great guy!

In case you missed it the Husker Greats Foundation is up and running with the mission of preventing another Andre Franklin story.

Here's my article about the first recipient Dave Humm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back