• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

Red Dead Redemption

Baba Yaga
10 Year Member
When I first heard about this being made, it sent chills down my spine.
God no! Please don't!

I'm still traumatized from watching the 'Star Wars Holiday Special'

But I decided to give it a shot today and watched it.

It was stupid.
Cheesy.
Silly.
And funny.

The musical number in the beginning was funny because it was sarcastic and had some inappropriate lyrics. The musical number at the end was more heartfelt and made me want to gag, but it had a few funny visuals.

The overall plot of kidnapping Kevin Bacon as a surprise Christmas present for Star Lord provided some funny moments.
The 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' game just got a little easier.

It seems like this will actually be part of the official MCU canon, since it confirmed a theory about a couple characters that was actually revealed in a deleted scene from Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2

Mantis is one of Ego's children too, so she is Peter Quill's sister

I wonder if the main purpose of this special was to confirm that reveal in advance of Guardians of the Galaxy vol.3, which is due for release next year.

Last edited:

I thought Cosmo was in the special simply because he was a resident of Knowhere, but apparently he's a member of the Guardians now.

While explaining that the Holiday Special has a "lot of mythology" that is going to be important in Vol. 3. Gunn subtly confirmed that the Collector is still alive after Infinity War, saying that the Guardians "bought Knowhere" from him to serve as their base:

“I also think it was kind of necessary because, you know, I’m actually working in a lot of mythology that’s going to be important in Vol. 3. The fact that we had Cosmo the dog, the fact that they have this amazing spaceship called the Bowie that’s four stories tall in real life... They’ve bought Knowhere from The Collector, that’s their home base now -- all of those things are important to Vol. 3.”

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back