• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The Great Nebraska Road Trip last week from the eyes of a Gopher fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTexUNLfan

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Thought this was a hilarious but very sincere article about a Gopher fan's experience in Lincoln last week & worth posting. He did miss some of our traditional experiences like Mistys and some other things but certainly made the most of his week-end.

http://www.thedailygopher.com/2012/...ball-entries-from-the-great-nebraska-roadtrip

This was, without question, the best roadtrip I've taken. On Friday night (after the Rex Burkhead's mom incident...read below for more), I already knew there was nothing the Gophers could do to screw up this weekend. And I was right.

I liked Mrs. Burkhead before but really like her now:

A series of errors in communication between my Husker friends and I led me to tweet out that Rex Burkhead's mom was dancing on a table. The original claim was actually that she was riding a mechanical bull, but...ya know...mistakes happen. After many retweets and demands for photos from followers, my Nebby spotters started to recant their eyewitness testimony. My first unfounded Twitter rumor was finally killed when the real mother of Rex Burkhead (this time confirmed by Husker fans outside of my group) got on stage with the Sidetrack Band.

Also, of particular note, Gopher fans apparently don't have much love for Iowa. It's well known they don't like Wisconsin fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back