• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The good the bad and the ugly Michigan Edition

Read it again. There are little shots in there, which were unnecessary and took away from the rest of the post, which was a solid analysis.
I just did and I see it. The first part where he calls him a so called offensive genius and the part giving him no credit for the defense. I missed those because the analysis was actually good. I’m letting things like that not bother me anymore. Otherwise I get worked up over nothing.

I just did and I see it. The first part where he calls him a so called offensive genius and the part giving him no credit for the defense. I missed those because the analysis was actually good. I’m letting things like that not bother me anymore. Otherwise I get worked up over nothing.

Yeah, I'm not worked up either. It's par for the course, but at this point I'm enjoying the progression that I'm seeing.

He's not wrong though. Frost himself said he has nothing to do with the defense and it felt, in that moment when he said it, like he was throwing Chinander under the bus. Seems strange that he gets credit for it now.

He's not wrong though. Frost himself said he has nothing to do with the defense and it felt, in that moment when he said it, like he was throwing Chinander under the bus. Seems strange that he gets credit for it now.

What does that have to do with the Michigan game? Absolutely nothing.

What does that have to do with the Michigan game? Absolutely nothing.
It has to do with the progress of the program under Frost or rather Basil's interpretation of it. It's fair criticism though I don't necessarily agree. The discussion is that the Michigan game was evidence that this team has made remarkable progress.

Nice write up.

Damon Benning provided a possible explanation on Yant yesterday, which I think is very plausible. He said most likely Yant didn't practice very well last week, and that he had made similar mistakes in practice. So we saw 1 mistake while the coaches had seen multiple mistakes throughout the week.

No doubt Trev Alberts has been a big help to Frost and the AD department. From the sounds of things Frost was doing a lot of administrative things under Moos over the last year. I am sure that has been corrected. To say that Alberts is making him do things in different ways and is resulting in things changing is pure speculation on your part.

Going for the TD instead of attempting a FG was a calculated risk. I would have taken the 3 at that time, but I do understand the thinking with going for it. Dr Rob and I agree that if they take 3 at that point the game plays out differently anyway. One event has a barring on other events.

Your complete disdain for Scott Frost just can't help but show through on your write up.
Ok.

It has to do with the progress of the program under Frost or rather Basil's interpretation of it. It's fair criticism though I don't necessarily agree. The discussion is that the Michigan game was evidence that this team has made remarkable progress.

Adding in little snarky comments about Frost, or things he said years ago, isn't really necessary or a good review of the game or the program's progress.

Weird how this thread has become about me. Maybe I should start getting a cut from David for generating clicks, lol.

I enjoy the flattery, but let's try to keep the thread on topic, which is the Huskers, not ol' Basil.

Adding in little snarky comments about Frost, or things he said years ago, isn't really necessary or a good review of the game or the program's progress.
So don't read it then. Frost isn't a child that needs protecting. Frost was known for his acumen as a play caller and the offense has struggled for long stretches this season and the past three. That's part of the evaluation of his job nearly 4 season in.

Personally I disagree with Basil and believe Frost has been really good at calling plays this year. The fact that NU scored 29 pts on a really good defense is evidence of that, but NU has to do that more consistently for more people to buy in. I'd also argue that Frost wasn't very mature when he took over and part of the progress we've seen is a result of his maturation and growth as a person and a coach.

The reality is we are still looking at a steep slope to get bowl eligible. NU is in that position because of persistent miscues that have plagued this team for 4 seasons. What I saw Saturday looked a lot better, but there's still a lot to improve on in order to beat Iowa. It's hard to fault people for being skeptical and wanting to see more wins even though I believe those wins are coming.

So don't read it then. Frost isn't a child that needs protecting. Frost was known for his acumen as a play caller and the offense has struggled for long stretches this season and the past three. That's part of the evaluation of his job nearly 4 season in.

Personally I disagree with Basil and believe Frost has been really good at calling plays this year. The fact that NU scored 29 pts on a really good defense is evidence of that, but NU has to do that more consistently for more people to buy in. I'd also argue that Frost wasn't very mature when he took over and part of the progress we've seen is a result of his maturation and growth as a person and a coach.

The reality is we are still looking at a steep slope to get bowl eligible. NU is in that position because of persistent miscues that have plagued this team for 4 seasons. What I saw Saturday looked a lot better, but there's still a lot to improve on in order to beat Iowa. It's hard to fault people for being skeptical and wanting to see more wins even though I believe those wins are coming.

Weird how this thread has become about me. Maybe I should start getting a cut from David for generating clicks, lol.

I enjoy the flattery, but let's try to keep the thread on topic, which is the Huskers, not ol' Basil.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back