• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"The eye in the sky don't lie"

to be fair, to me, there aren't that many who really aren't giving effort.
its really a combination of players getting tired and poor team mentality. the mentality aspect of it is due to either poor responses to sudden changes or turnovers, or lack of effective player leadership. when you see your team captains missing blocks, throwing picks, failing to score, fumbling, missing tackles, getting run over, and many more, that has got to be demoralizing for even the most motivated, high energy team in america.

if you are a defense that works hard to shut down an opponent, only to have to get back on the field within 2 minutes of real time, time and time again, there's no way you would give max effort the whole time.
similarly, on offense, when you don't think you will get the ball even if you got open, or as a WR/RB you get put on the field only as a decoy, or you think your qb will probably get sacked anyway when you do get open, eventually you will slow down.
Not buying it

I think they just need to see some success. This team is so damn mentally fragile it’s ridiculous. It’s not anything new either. Been around for years and years. They fold like a cheap suit as soon as adversity rears it’s head. If they could get past that and play some fundamentally sound football, you’ll start seeing some wins. NU isn’t losing games on talent.

Adam Carriker laid bare what many on this board have seen and pointed out too, which is the lack of effort by some players on the field. He made clear that this cancer should not be on field and these players should be benched.

Which begs the question that drives many of us nuts (leading us to be critical of HCSF), why haven't these players been sat down in favor of guys who will give it 110%?
Players not giving 100% and then not facing the wrath of Frost or their position coach would be a huge problem...how can you preach one thing then ignore the opposite? It just doesn't work. This season is now lost for good...baring a miracle...they need to be willing to bench a half-effort/stupid mistake making guy even if that means putting in a guy who sucks but sucks at 100%.

That said...other than Stille on that one play last week...I have a hard time telling who isn't trying v who just sucks at their job. I'd expect someone like Carriker and certainly Frost to know it when they see it.

We are making jokes but on that play, if there is "swarming tackling" the TE is held short of the end zone, Purdue has to kick a field goal and we go OT not get beat.
That's DONU problem, not finding a way to finish, a way to not get beat.

Scott has to quit talking about how "we need to make plays" and only put people on the field who are going all out to make plays happen.

Because you never know when that crucial play is going to be there, when hustling to make a play or a block is going to be the difference in wining or losing.

1st quarter, 4th quarter, you never know when hustle, hard work, staying on a block, working to the whistle will be the difference.

GBR

They don't show the play before that one which was the 20 yard gain they had on a 3rd and 15. You stop that and they are kicking a FG.

so you think there are many players who just aren't giving effort?

so why do they continue to play?
i’m not sure why they continue to play. Yet to say they are worn out in a game that lasts nearly 4 hours with TV timeouts and replay reviews that last about 2 and 1/2 minutes that is a lot of standing around giving time to readjust ones thoughts and get communication from coaches.

Yes a 8 min drive is just that but now add the tv and everything else involved A play lasts just seconds and here we go. We get to see. Use the cocktail stick! and 4 insurance commercials before play resumes.

I looked it up the player on the field that touches the ball the most plays on average about 12 minutes.

So yes i do think some many are not playing to full potential

Last edited:

i’m not sure why they continue to play. Yet to say they are worn out in a game that lasts nearly 4 hours with TV timeouts and replay reviews that last about 2 and 1/2 minutes that is a lot of standing around giving time to readjust ones thoughts and get communication from coaches.

Yes a 8 min drive is just that but now add the tv and everything else involved A play lasts just seconds and here we go. We get to see. Use the cocktail stick! and 4 insurance commercials before play resumes.

I looked it up the player on the field that touches the ball the most plays on average about 12 minutes.

So yes i do think some many are not playing to full potential
there's probably some truth to this as well. but the problem with accepting this is that you also have to accept that a head coach with Scott Frost's resume and clout is allowing that to happen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back